Local Class A CDL Relief Driver
Capitol Distributing is a highly successful grocery wholesaler, based in Caldwell, Idaho. We provide outstanding service to over 800 customers in a six-state region. Capitol has experienced double-digit growth for 5 straight years!
We are seeking a professional driver with strong customer service skills to help our organization grow. The Local Class A CDL Relief Driver works 4-5 days per week working day /evening shifts. Route duration is 10 to 12 hours per shift. Our base salary ranges between $70,000.00 - $75,000 annually with incentive and bonus potential. We offer annual compensation increases and a benefits package which includes Paid Vacation, Medical, Dental, Vision, and a 401K plan.
What will I do as a Local Relief Driver?
- Deliver grocery and other related items to Convenience Stores.
- Scan and track inventory delivered across several locations.
- Transport products in tri-temp trailers in various conditions.
- Physical labor when offloading trailers, including moving totes and pallets into our stores.
- Live a “Safety First” attitude while providing professional & courteous customer service.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for Capitol Distributing.
- On occasion, urgent situations may arise, and you might be asked to assist with an emergency route due to unexpected absences.
- Work in a team environment when needed (Some routes call for driver teams of 2).
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- A valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for the state where you reside.
- A clean driving record is a must - with a maximum of three points in the past year.
- The ability to obtain a DOT medical certificate.
- Double trailer endorsement or the ability to obtain double endorsement within 60 days of hire.
- Sound knowledge of all DOT and FMCSA regulations and remain in compliance if hired.
- Knowledgeable or able to learn the FSMA standards on food safety hazards.
- The ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (Up to 5 workdays per week)
- Must be able to drive continuously for up to 8 hours.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, bend, and twist; use hands & fingers to handle & feel objects and controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk & hear.
- Must be able to lift to 75 pounds without assistance, and push / pull up to 150 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 10 hours.
- Must be able to work in temperature extremes.
Jacksons is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will ensure applicants and employees are given equal opportunities in employment and contracting activities regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
- Job Family Transportation
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Full-Time
- Min Hiring Rate $70,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $75,000.00
- Portland, OR, USA