At Capitol Distributing our Buyers research, evaluate and purchase merchandise for our Warehouse. This merchandise is then resold to our customers for their retail convenience stores. The buyer will process purchase orders, negotiate with suppliers, track orders, create/maintain inventory, and quality assurance. The buyer will work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on demand.
What will I do as a Procurement Buyer?
- Obtain materials from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need.
- Analyze quotes received, select suppliers, and schedule deliveries.
- Prepare and place orders with vendors.
- Study market trends, interview vendors, and recommend sources of supply.
- Forecast current and future buying trends, markets, styles, and products, with attention to specific target market and demographics.
- Develop and maintain relationships with wholesalers and suppliers.
- Negotiate contracts with wholesalers and suppliers.
- Assess financial risks of purchases and inventory storage.
- Attend trade shows, product exhibitions, and conferences to maintain a current understanding of new products and trends.
- Organize product information and track back order.
- Develop and maintain necessary reports and records and files for efficient operations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in related field (required).
- 2+ years of relevant experience working in a procurement or purchasing position.
- Experience purchasing retail products a plus.
- Experience supporting a distribution warehouse a plus.
- Ability to negotiate through strong communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems with minimal assistance.
- Strong technology skills with procurement software and Microsoft suite.
- Ability to work onsite as requested.
- Occasional travel to shows and suppliers.
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits.
- Life, disability, & accident Insurance.
- Company matching 401k program.
- Competitive PTO packages and paid company holidays.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Store and fuel discounts.
- Annual bonus programs.
- Job Family Procurement
- Job Function Purchasing
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Full-Time
- Min Hiring Rate $55,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Caldwell, ID, USA
- Capitol Distributing Procurement, 1866 S. KCID Rd., Caldwell, Idaho, United States of America