Director of Warehouse Operations
Pay: $152,000 - $195,000 DOE + Bonus
The Director of Warehouse Operations leads all functions of distribution operations. This includes receiving, warehousing, fulfillment, and maintenance management teams. As a key member of the executive leadership team this position will contribute to setting company strategies and goals. This role collaborates regularly with procurement, sales, technology, finance, HR, marketing, food production, and transportation leaders. The Director of Warehouse Operations reports directly to the President of the organization.
What you'll do as Director of Warehouse Operations:
- Act as a servant leader creating a positive work environment employees enjoy.
- Act as mentor that emphasizes succession planning through professional development.
- Align the warehouse operations management team with company strategies and goals.
- Promote programs, policies, and processes for continuous improvement of culture, safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Develop operational strategies, goals, and KPIs that are easy to understand, communicate, measure, and get employees to support.
- Proactively identify risks and proposes solutions through resource planning, forecasts, budgets, and labor schedules.
- Assist team in the procurement and ongoing maintenance of material and equipment throughout the facility, including soliciting bids and maintaining vendor relationships.
- Promote collaboration and communication within departments and among leadership teams.
- Partner with Human Resources to enforce company policies, procedures, and resolve personnel conflicts.
- Provide regular performance reviews for the operations management team.
- Remain up to date of industry standards and technologies to ensure the organization is operating at a competitive advantage.
- Utilize data (KPI’s), people, and industry standards to make informed business decisions.
- Other duties and projects assigned by direct manager.
You'll be a great fit if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field (required).
- 10+ years of experience leading large teams.
- 5+ years of experience leading operations in a warehouse or distribution environment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills for presentations, negotiations, SOP documentation, professional emails, and communication of strategic goals.
- Strong technology and systems skills. Microsoft Office experience (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) Comfortable using queries, converting raw data into easy-to-understand conclusions, and graphics.
- Experience with implementation of new technologies, systems, and processes.
- Understands capacity planning and principles of capacity constraints. Experience with Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement methods is a plus.
Capitol Distributing & Capitol Kitchen is the largest convenience wholesale distributor in Idaho. Founded in 1983, Capitol delivers to retailers across 7 states from its 300,000 square foot distribution center in Caldwell, Idaho.
- Job Family Warehouse and Distribution
- Job Function Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Full-Time
- Min Hiring Rate $152,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $195,000.00
- Caldwell, ID, USA
- Capitol Distributing, 1866 S. KCID Rd., Caldwell, Idaho, United States of America