Business Development and Teaming Coach
The Business Development & Teaming group takes a consultative approach to working with and training Financial Advisors (FAs), Branch Office Managers (BOMs), and branch support staff (PCAs). Their primary goal is to drive organic growth, holistic advice centered around financial planning, increase practice efficiency through technology, as well as support teaming and succession strategies. The Business Development & Teaming Coach is responsible for driving organic growth, business development, teaming, and succession initiatives within their assigned region. Their primary responsibility is to focus on developing a personalized growth plan in partnership with top Janney advisors and teams to help them achieve their business goals. As an integral part of the Practice Management Group (PMG), the coach will partner with their regional consultant to help their region meet their growth objectives.
This role is hybrid and can be located in any of the following Janney offices: Columbus, Ohio Washington, District Of Columbia, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, York, Pennsylvania, Towson, Maryland,Cincinnati, Ohio, Philadelpia, Pennsylvania or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
What you are good at:
· Coaching – Able to effectively coach and lead financial advisors and team around team dynamics, client service model, succession planning, marketing, and growth strategies.
· Communication – Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with internal Janney stakeholders and our financial advisors.
· Initiative – Proactively look for opportunities to grow revenue within your designated territory through training, education, and strategies designed to increase Net New Assets.
· Building Relationships – Connecting with others in a way that fosters trust, creates collaborative relationships, and preserves established team culture.
- Analyze regional business data to develop a plan to support organic growth in the region in partnership with the regional manager.
- Work in coordination and collaboration with the regional consultant and regional manager to drive organic growth, teaming, and succession initiatives within the territory.
- Partner with branch managers and develop a plan to support their branch growth objectives.
- Develop personalized growth plans to support the business goals for top advisors and teams within the region.
- Create and implement a coaching schedule to support ongoing progress to goal conversations throughout the coaching relationship.
- Serve as the regional subject matter expert on teaming and succession strategies supporting advisors who are looking to retire, grow through acquisition, or team.
- Host one-to-many training sessions in region around core growth initiatives including financial planning, organic growth, client service model, prospecting strategies, teaming, and succession. This includes roundtables to support peer share amongst top advisors.
- Work collaboratively with regional peers to help educate advisors on holistic advice and practice management topics including: Wealth Planning, Advisory Solutions, Insured & Lending Solutions, and High Net Worth Consulting, and business technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in financial services
- An advanced degree or credentials, specifically in planning preferred.
- Client facing financial planning and/or investment advisory experience preferred.
- Coaching certifications a plus. Including: Pareto, High Performance, Ensemble coaching certification and/or StrengthFinders, Colby, DISC, Working Genius
- FINRA Series 7 & 66 (63 & 65) required (or ability to obtain within 6 months).
- The successful candidate will have exceptional skills in the areas of coaching, teaming building, and the financial planning process with the ability to influence and initiate change.
- Excellent communicator (in both written and verbal forms) both proactively and reactively, with a track record of client relationship management.
- High degree of professionalism in performing all duties.
- Must be able to travel extensively within the Region (40-50%).
Why work for us?
Benefits: Janney believes that its employees are the key to what makes a great company. Although work makes up a large portion of an employee’s life, we believe that a balance between work and non-work activities is essential to maintain quality performance and a positive work atmosphere. We offer a competitive package including Paid Paternal Leave, generous Paid Time Off, eligibility for a $2,000 referral bonus and Professional Development Assistance Plan designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Janney is an award-winning full-service financial services firm committed to understanding our clients' needs and providing advice beyond investments. We are equally committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where employees can use their talents to thrive and grow professionally with the firm. Fostering a positive workplace experience remains a top priority. We’ve earned the Great Place to Work® certification, which recognizes employers that create an outstanding employee experience. Based entirely on what current employees say about their experience working at Janney, this prestigious recognition underscores our commitment to our people and culture. People are our strongest asset. We recognize that when our team members thrive, our firm is more successful.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1070 Yard Street, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1255 23rd Street N.W., Washington, District Of Columbia, United States of America
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1650 Crooked Oak Drive, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1700 Westgate Drive, York, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 409 Washington Avenue, Towson, Maryland, United States of America
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 8044 Montgomery Rd, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, One PPG Place, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America