Business Technology Consultant
The PCG Technology Consultant team takes a consultative approach to working with and training Financial Advisors (FAs), Branch Office Managers (BOMs), and branch support staff (PCAs) on the implementation, utilization, and best practices of Janney’s front-office desktop and client-facing technology tools. The overall objective of the group is to help Janney’s field employees build efficiencies into their practice and enhance the client experience through effective use of Janney’s technology platforms.
This includes facilitating virtual group and one-on-one training sessions on various front-office desktop applications that focus on data analytics, contact management, market data, trading, research, performance reporting and portfolio construction tools, and access to our financial planning software, as well as our client-facing Online Access platform and features.
The Technology Consultant is instrumental in providing ongoing trainings for system upgrades and enhancements and serves as a critical feedback loop from the field to the home office.
As part of PMG, and closely aligned with our Learning and Professional Development team, the Technology Consultants are also involved in designing and developing training initiatives and learning resources.
What you are good at:
- Building Relationships: drive organic growth, holistic advice centered around financial planning, increase practice efficiency through technology, as well as support teaming and succession strategies
- Organization: Strong organization skills and ability to effectively coordinate training sessions, roundtables, events, onboarding recruits, and supporting advisors through teaming & succession transitions
- Educating: You enjoy educating and helping others learn new things to achieve success
- Team Oriented: PMTs work closely with the Regional Business Development Coach, Regional Manager and subject matter experts (SMEs) in their territory to deliver a team-based approach to servicing the field
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Janney’s productivity tools and related technology and deliver virtual presentations to the field.
- Respond to inquiries into the team support lines (phone/email) in a professional manner and with the intent to educate as well as inform.
- Act as a liaison with appropriate business units when new technology tools are introduced at Janney to ensure inclusion in technology training with the Private Client Group.
- Conduct special projects as needed to support field initiatives.
- Capture analytics and evaluate effectiveness of training programs. This includes data on training content, delivery method, number and type of participants, and participant feedback.
- Capture analytics on inquiries and requests from the field to help build more efficient platforms, trainings, and resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office Products, and the ability to build training materials using these programs (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- General technological proficiency; ability to learn new software quickly.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with individuals at various levels within the organization; ability to deliver group presentations in learning environments.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills; ability to analyze as well as evaluate information and data; ability to work in a solution-oriented environment; ability to quickly adapt to changing needs.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Education, or Communications majors desired.
- Experience in the financial services industry a plus.
- Experience delivering learning programs preferable, technology-focused a plus.
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 required (or ability to obtain within 6 months).
- High ethical standards.
Why work for us?
Benefits: Janney believes that its employees are the key to what makes a great company. Although work makes up a large portion of an employee’s life, we believe that a balance between work and non-work activities is essential to maintain quality performance and a positive work atmosphere. We offer a competitive package including Paid Paternal Leave, generous Paid Time Off, eligibility for a $2,000 referral bonus and Professional Development Assistance Plan designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Janney is an award-winning full-service financial services firm committed to understanding our clients' needs and providing advice beyond investments. We are equally committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where employees can use their talents to thrive and grow professionally with the firm. Fostering a positive workplace experience remains a top priority. We’ve earned the Great Place to Work® certification, which recognizes employers that create an outstanding employee experience. Based entirely on what current employees say about their experience working at Janney, this prestigious recognition underscores our commitment to our people and culture. People are our strongest asset. We recognize that when our team members thrive, our firm is more successful.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America