At The Jewish Board, we don’t just make a difference – we make a bigger difference as we serve 45,000 New Yorkers every year. Join our dedicated team that’s been helping communities across New York City for almost 150 years and see just how big of a difference you can make.
Reasons you’ll love working with us:
· If you have a particular age range or population you’re interested in working with, you can find your niche here. Our clients and staff are as diverse as the city we work in, and include people of all cultures, religions, races, gender expressions, and sexual orientations.
- We’re committed to supporting your career development by encouraging mobility and advancement across different program types and jobs.
- With 70 locations throughout the five boroughs, you can work close to where you live.
- Generous vacation time and 15 paid holidays will help you achieve a healthy work/life balance.
- We offer an excellent benefits package with affordable, high-quality health and dental insurance with low co-pays.
- You’ll receive ongoing support through high-quality supervision, specialized trainings from our Continuing Education team, and an education benefit.
How you can make a bigger difference:
The Porter position is a physically active role, responsible for maintaining the cleanliness, sanitary, and general safe maintenance of The Jewish Board program facilities to which the porter is assigned. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily maintenance, cleaning, and dusting of program spaces, including; offices, kitchens, bathrooms, common areas, elevators, lobbies, corridors, stairwells, loading docks, recreational areas, facilities, storage areas, workshops, etc. Thoroughly cleaning/sanitizing all surfaces, toilets, partitions, sinks, tile surfaces, walls, doors, hardware, appliances, glass doors; replenishing janitorial supplies as required
- Performing basic grounds work including, but not limited to: mowing, raking, bagging, trimming, clipping, planting, watering, weeding; Seasonal maintenance, including snow removal as needed
- Performing light repairs, including but not limited to: painting, wall hangings, changing light bulbs, minor floor/wall repair as needed
- Other duties as assigned
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented individuals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- A High School diploma or GED preferred
- A current, valid clean Driver’s license is required for this position and throughout all Porter level employment; Porters are required to drive agency vehicles in the course of providing job related services as authorized
- Three (3) years of experience as a cleaner /maintainer of diverse commercial space; or One (1) year of Trade school or Certificate program in a related field may be substituted for 2 years of experience
If you join us, you’ll have these great benefits:
- Generous paid time off in addition to 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days
- Affordable and high-quality medical/dental/vision plans
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Free continuing education opportunities
- 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Flexible spending accounts for health and transportation
- 24/7 Accessible Employee Assistance Program
- Life and disability insurance
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion working groups that are available for you to join, including Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
Who we are:
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, high-quality, and compassionate mental health and social services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families to children, teens, and adults. We are proud to employ and serve people of all religions, races, cultural backgrounds, gender expressions, and sexual orientations. We are committed to building diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams to help support our mission, and we strongly encourage candidates from historically marginalized backgrounds to apply to work with us.
More on Equal Opportunity:
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Facility Support [100s]
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 9040 - Non-Professional Hospital
- Min Hiring Rate $16.83
- Randalls and Wards Islands, New York, NY, USA