Assistant Department Director
At The Jewish Board, we don’t just make a difference – we make a bigger difference as we serve 45,000 New Yorkers every year. Join our dedicated team that’s been helping communities across New York City for almost 150 years and see just how big of a difference you can make.
Reasons you’ll love working with us:
- If you have a particular age range or population you’re interested in working with, you can find your niche here.
- Our clients and staff are as diverse as the city we work in, and include people of all cultures, religions, races, gender expressions, and sexual orientations.
- With 70 locations throughout the five boroughs, you can work close to where you live.
- Generous vacation time and 15 paid holidays will help you achieve a healthy work/life balance.
- We offer an excellent benefits package with affordable, high-quality health and dental insurance with low co-pays.
How you can make a bigger difference:
The Assistant Director is responsible for ensuring excellent client care, in line with State and Agency mandates, is uniformly provided. S/he will monitor operations to certify that best-practice methodologies are uniformly employed, reviewed, and updated as necessary
Provides regular supervision Social Worker, Case Manager, and the Case Associates staff.
• Reviews and evaluates comprehensive assessments, progress notes, service plans reviews, and discharge plans for quality and compliance.
• Works with Residence Managers on staffing/scheduling and reviews and approves weekly timesheets and overtime
• Facilitates High Risk and Group Supervisions. Participates in Case Conferences with external sources.
• Collaborates with other JB Departments (Facilities, Clinics, Central Intake, etc) for program needs.
• Participates/Performs annual staff evaluations.
• Ensures regulatory/agency compliance with staff completion of trainings.
• Collaborates with Residence Manager to ensure apartments are safe.
• Participates in administrative meetings.
• Participates in other on/off site meetings as scheduled.
- LMSW or a Master’s degree in a closely related field will be considered, depending on range of candidate’s experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with clients with mental health, homelessness and substance abuse history.
- Previous management experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Solution Focused
- Administrative writing and reporting skills
If you join us, you’ll have these great benefits:
- Generous paid time off in addition to 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days
- Affordable and high-quality medical/dental/vision plans
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Free continuing education opportunities
- 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Flexible spending accounts for health and transportation
- 24/7 Accessible Employee Assistance Program
- Life and disability insurance
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion working groups that are available for you to join, including Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Program Administration [500s]
- Job Function Directors
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8865 - Residential/Shelter Clerical Workers
- Max Hiring Rate $72,000.00
- 162 W Kingsbridge Rd, Bronx, NY 10463, USA