Asst Director Dept
Make a bigger difference
At The Jewish Board, we don’t just make a difference – we make a bigger difference as we serve 45,000 New Yorkers every year. Join our dedicated team that’s been helping communities across New York City for almost 150 years and see just how big of a difference you can make.
Reasons you’ll love working with us:
- If you have a particular age range or population you’re interested in working with, you can find your niche here. Our clients and staff are as diverse as the city we work in, and include people of all cultures, religions, races, gender expressions, and sexual orientations.
- We’re committed to supporting your career development by encouraging mobility and advancement across different program types and jobs.
- With 70 locations throughout the five boroughs, you can work close to where you live.
- Generous vacation time and paid holidays will help you achieve a healthy work/life balance.
- We offer an excellent benefits package with affordable, high-quality health and dental insurance with low co-pays
- You’ll receive ongoing support through high-quality supervision, specialized trainings from our Continuing Education team, and an education benefit.
How you can make a bigger difference:
The Assistant Budget Director assists in all aspects of managing the Budget and Contract Department, including: developing budgets and ensuring contracts are in compliance with policies, procedures, regulations and statutes; supporting the budgetary process by developing budget projections. Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop program budgets for revenue contracts; Manage contracts and compliance with contract requirements
- Prepare and submit organizational data, contract or budget information through government agencies’ portals, such as CBR, HHS, OCFS CMS, eSnap, Grants Gateway, VenRep and PASSPort; Develop contract budgets for government funded programs, and manage the budgeting and reporting
- Assist with annual organizational budget planning utilizing Adaptive Insights budget system and ensure adequate funds for programs within the organization; Monitor Program spending to ensure it is within the budget
- Complete, update and submit all essential requests from funding agencies including, but not limited to, the following: VENDEX, DBDF, Insurance, Supply and Employment Reports and VRQ
- Assist with inputting and preparing new budgets for RFP’s, Grants or Prior Approval Review applications
- Maintain and update contract database
- Other duties as assigned
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented individuals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required; A Master’s Degree preferred; A computer Science background is a plus
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in budget planning, accounting, or contract management; Familiarity with government contracts
If you join us, you’ll have these great benefits:
- Generous vacation time, in addition to paid agency holidays
- Affordable and high-quality medical/dental/vision plans
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Free continuing education opportunities
- 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Flexible spending accounts for health and transportation
- 27/7 Accessible Employee Assistance Program
- Life and disability insurance
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion working groups that are available for you to join, including Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
Who we are:
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, high-quality, and compassionate mental health and social services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families to children, teens, and adults. We are proud to employ and serve people of all religions, races, cultural backgrounds, gender expressions, and sexual orientations. We are committed to building diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams to help support our mission, and we strongly encourage candidates from historically marginalized backgrounds to apply to work with us.
More on Equal Opportunity:
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Program Administration [500s]
- Job Function Directors
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8810 - Clerical Office Employees NOC
- Min Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $95,000.00
- 463 7th Ave, New York, NY 10018, USA