Make a bigger difference
At The Jewish Board, we don’t just make a difference – we make a bigger difference as we serve 45,000 New Yorkers every year. Join our dedicated team that’s been helping communities across New York City for almost 150 years and see just how big of a difference you can make. $2000 SIGN-ON BONUS
IF YOU JOIN US, YOU'LL HAVE THESE GREAT BENEFITS:
• Generous paid time off in addition to 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days
• Affordable and high-quality medical/dental/vision plans
• Tuition assistance and educational loan forgivenes
• Free continuing education opportunities
• 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
• Flexible spending accounts for health and transportation
• 24/7 Accessible Employee Assistance Program
• Life and disability insurance
• Diversity, equity, and inclusion working groups that are available for you to join, including Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee.
The Case Associate functions as a Case Planner and is responsible for supplying appropriate Intervention’s to ensure client care. Working within the client’s community, develops action plans to effectively identify and utilize existing resources and establish new resources for client care
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Routine community contacts on behalf of social worker, e.g. school reports, medical reports.
- Locates and makes use of appropriate community resources for clients.
- Evaluates actual living conditions of clients through home visits.
- May interpret agency function to client and demonstrate this in terms of concrete help.
- Provides structure to the client, evaluates and assess usage of independent living skills and provides guidance in these areas to the client.
- May run groups, under the supervision of the social worker.
- In concert with the Sr. Case Planner, evaluates clients for the purpose of beginning, monitoring and following up on individualized treatment programs including child safety.
- Individualizes and understands the needs of the individual client, the family and its support network in relation to each other.
- Identifies appropriate treatment or service providers and facilitates client referral to internal and external and/or community linkage programs.
- Performs individual/group counseling; long or short term depending on client need.
- Conduct Home Visits in which the needs of the family and child safety are assessed.
- Identify help for clients in obtaining needed services. Helping clients and families maintain medical, financial and social resources would be examples of such services.
- Provides case management to clients.
- Identifies and provides access to specific appropriate concrete services when necessary or requested and are in the best interest of the client.
- Performs community outreach and establishes linkages with other groups, individuals or organizations which may be helpful to our clients.
- Provides all necessary notes, progress notes, Risk Assessments and other paperwork as required.
- BA Degree, with some experience in a community or social service group, or at least five years of experience as a Case Assistant in a community or social service group, etc.
- Bilingual Spanish, or Haitian-Creole preferred.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Medical Professionals
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8857 - Case Worker - Social Services - Traveling
- Min Hiring Rate $21.98
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 358 St Marks Pl, Staten Island, NY 10301, USA