8830A | Coord Department
WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to
over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension.
ABOUT THE JOB
The One Call Unit (OCU) is the centralized referral and scheduling unit for The Jewish Board clinics, PROS, HCBS, and CFTSS programs. The OCU team works closely with callers, referring agencies, and JB programs to ensure clients are getting care and services appropriate to their needs. The OCU team is often the first point of contact for individuals and families seeking services at the Jewish Board, so
customer service focus is essential.
The Clinical Coordinator, under the direction of the Sr. Director of Performance, Quality and Initiatives, is responsible for the oversight and supervision of the OCU team, and ensuring positive working relationships with referring agencies and JB programs positive “customer experience” for individuals and families seeking JB services. The Clinical Coordinator reviews all urgent referrals to determine clinical appropriateness for JB services and works closely with JB programs to ensure the referral can quickly access services. The Clinical Coordinator conducts clinical risk assessments when callers screen positive for potential harm to self or others and ensures callers receive the appropriate level of service. The position is also responsible for program outreach to referral sources and JB program tracking and reviewing program outcomes and using the information to inform operations.
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented professionals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
· Master’s in Social Work or related field and NY State licensure (LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, LCAT, LMFT).
· At least 1 year of experience with providing clinical services and knowledge of/experience with safety and risk assessment.
· Experience with staff supervision and outreach a plus.
· Excellent communication, team work, independent functioning and organizational skills required.
· Computer skills, including competency with Microsoft Outlook and experience with Excel, PowerPoint and electronic health record/client charts.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Direct Care [200s]
- Job Function Social Workers
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8810 - Clerical Office Employees NOC
- 97-77 Queens Blvd, Rego Park, NY 11374, USA