Therapist - Trauma Systems Therapy
Make a bigger difference
WORKING WITH US
At The Jewish Board, we don’t just make a difference – we make a bigger difference As we serve 45,000 New Yorkers every year. Join our dedicated team that’s been helping communities across New York City for almost 150 years and see just how big of a difference you can make. $4000 Sign-on Bonus
IF YOU JOIN US, YOU’LL HAVE THESE GREAT BENEFITS:
• Generous vacation time, in addition to paid agency holidays and sick days
• Affordable and high-quality medical/dental/vision plans
• Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
• Free continuing education opportunities
• 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
• Flexible spending accounts for health and transportation
• 27/7 Accessible Employee Assistance Program
• Life and disability insurance
• Diversity, equity, and inclusion working groups that are available for you to join, including Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide Child Welfare Preventive Services exclusively or primarily within the client’s home and community
- Learn and implement the Trauma Systems Therapy evidenced based model to children 5-18 years old and their families to keep them safe in their communities and to support them with emotional self-regulation
- Provide services to all members listed on the household composition
- Integrate case management services with an assigned evidence base model to help families meet their basic needs to promote stability and reduce stress
- Collaborate and coordinate services with all providers working with the family to ensure the family’s needs are adequately being addressed
- Identify and evaluate risk
- Conduct assessments including review of referral information, identify and engage key participants, identify strengths and weaknesses and collaboratively develop goals.
- Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
- Adhere to the fidelity of the model to ensure optimal service outcome is achieved.
- Work within the model’s structure, regarding length of treatment, case contacts, interventions, supervision, and documentation.
- Participate in consultations with the model developer.
- Audio/video record sessions for training and supervision purposes as needed.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation in CNNX case record including progress notes of treatment efforts and Family Services Assessment Plans, enter data into PROMIS
- Work a hybrid schedule based on needs of program
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or a related subject area
Current NYS License
• EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE:
• Family systems theory and application
• Substance use/abuse theory (for MST-SA) and behavioral approaches to SA treatment
• Social ecological theory and application
• Behavioral therapies theory and knowledge
• Cognitive-behavioral therapy, pragmatic family therapies theory and application
• Social skills assessment and intervention and child development research and its application in treatment.
• Direct use of pragmatic family therapies
• Individual therapy with children and adults using cognitive behavioral techniques
• Marital therapy using behaviorally-based approaches
• Behavioral therapy targeting school behavior and academic performance
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8857 - Case Worker - Social Services - Traveling
- Min Hiring Rate $65,283.40
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 123 William St, New York, NY 10038, USA