WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Unlimited employee referral bonus opportunities
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through our many company initiatives, including employee resource groups (ERGs) like Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus
ABOUT THE JOB
The Personal Recovery Oriented Services (PROS) program aims to help each participant achieve their chosen life goal related to housing, work, education and/or building their socialization skills. The services are provided using a recover-orientated, person-centered strengths-based approach with the goal of empowering individuals to improve their quality of life, achieve life goals as they take a more active role in their community.
The Case Associate is responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of a variety of group services and interventions with the goal of assisting PROS participants in overcoming barriers and developing skills to achieve their desired life roles. They are also responsible for providing ongoing feedback to clients to help them determine their strengths, interests, preferences, aptitudes and progress within the program. The Case Associate will provide support and encouragement to clients in their endeavors, help to identify and overcome barriers to recovery and, provide information regarding community resources and assist with referrals and resource development.
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented Case Associates of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- BA/S in human services, with some experience in a community or social service group, OR at least five years of experience, providing clinical services, in a community or social service setting
- 2 years of experience in providing rehabilitation/treatment to emotionally disabled adults preferred
- New York State driver’s license preferred.
- Knowledge of personal computers and software.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Direct Care [200s]
- Job Function Medical Professionals
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8857 - Case Worker - Social Services - Traveling
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 55 Westchester Square, Bronx, NY 10461, USA