Registered Nurse/Case Manager - Hospice
Come work for one of the best Hospice programs in Maryland as a full time Case Manager which provides the opportunity to work independently and make your own daily schedule. In this role you will provide our patients and families exceptional end-of-life care that supports dignity and comfort for individuals, provides peace of mind to families, and honors cultural traditions and customs.
- Responsible for carrying a caseload of approximately 12-16 patients.
- Identify and evaluate palliative needs of patients, utilizing the nursing process; with particular attention to pain assessment and response to treatment.
- Train and assist with admissions when needed.
- Render age-appropriate skilled nursing care in accordance with the plan of care using current and accepted nursing knowledge, methods and techniques.
- Instruct and counsel family members and other caregivers in hospice care (including interpreting the plan of care).
- Have sufficient knowledge of third-party reimbursement, especially Medicare/Medicaid, to interpret to the patient and family the availability and/or limitations of these programs.
- Provide back-up on call one night a month.
- Required to cover 2 holidays a year.
- An active State of Maryland RN license.
- A minimum of 1 year of acute care, home health or hospice experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide meaningful care to and communicate with the terminally ill.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, caring and organized.
- Advanced Microsoft Office 365 skills and experience with using EHR systems.
- Enjoys being part of a cohesive team but is adept at working independently.
- Must have reliable and independent transportation to make facility and home visits throughout Montgomery County.
- Supportive work environment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Paid Leave (sick/vacation/personal/holidays)
- And much more...
- Pay Type Salary
- 6123 Montrose Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852, USA