Marketing & Communications Manager
The Marketing and Communications Manager interacts with critical stakeholders of JSSA, including the CEO, Senior Management Team members, JSSA staff, media outlets, and local and regional community leaders. As an essential Marketing and communications team member, this position reports to the Director of Marketing and communications and collaborates closely with the CEO, CDEAO, and program directors.
Strategy Implementation 20%
- Collaborates with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and manage the implementation of the ongoing strategic marketing and communications plans for the overall agency and JSSA's programs and services to ensure.
Content Development 45%
- Develops and manages an editorial calendar to enhance community engagement with JSSA's overall brand and programmatic services.
- Develops and manages high-quality print and digital content, including social media, website, agency marketing collateral, brochures, presentations, monthly donor newsletters, weekly staff newsletters, and publications.
- Develops JSSA communications that are culturally competent and reach diverse audiences.
Brand Management 15%
- Manages JSSA's brand identity and messaging in all JSSA marketing, communications, and program service materials
- Collaborates with the Director of Marketing and Communications to ensure JSSA staff and the Board utilize proper brand messaging when representing JSSA in the community.
- Partners with program directors to meet their marketing and communications needs for all programs and services.
Public Relations 10%
- Develops a media contact database and builds relationships with critical media outlets and influencers to create earned media opportunities that position JSSA as the provider of choice in the region and a thought leader in our field.
- Manages media outreach, including writing press releases, creating press kits and materials, interviewing preparation, and responding to media requests.
Office Management 10%
- Processes all department invoices.
- Manages inventory of marketing and event collateral.
- Manages marketing components of agency events.
Minimum Education and Work Experience Required:
- B.A. in English, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field with at least seven years of relevant experience.
- Must have prior marketing, content development, and social media skills experience.
- Must have excellent communication and project management skills.
- Experience writing print and digital media content, emails, newsletters, press releases, etc.
- Experience building solid relationships with community organizations, media contacts, and influencers.
- Must have proficiency in WordPress and Microsoft Office's suite of products.
- Must be able to mulitask and handle multiple projects at one time.
- Must be a self-starter who can manage and lead projects to completion on time and within budget.
- Pay Type Salary
- 200 Wood Hill Rd, Rockville, MD 20850, USA