Special Events - Event Producer
Position Profile: Event Producer
Department: Arrowhead Events
Reports to: VP of Arrowhead Events
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The Event Producer is a full-time sales management position with Arrowhead Events, the event booking and production entity of the Kansas City Chiefs and GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium. The primary focus of this position is to generate revenue through booking and creating events at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium and surrounding property.
- Research new innovative event experiences and opportunities to bring and develop at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium
- Generate leads, prospect, and develop clients and events with focus on mid-size scale
- Design, develop, and partner in producing unique content for Arrowhead Stadium and surrounding event space
- Maintain, develop, and manage a sales database including record keeping of key contacts and sales communications
- Generate event proposals and contracts. End-to-end contract development, negotiation and execution
- Achieve individual and team i) revenue and ii) content development goals
- Contribute to overall Arrowhead Events strategic planning, including short- and long-term goals and key initiatives.
- Collaborate with Sales Team on event ideation and support.
- Create opportunities for other revenue producing departments to maximize dollars with respect to events.
- Research, analyze, and develop special event profit generating opportunities
- Oversee the implementation of event on sales specific to box office and marketing elements
- Maintain knowledge of industry event trends, including the local and regional market
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
- 4-year undergraduate degree at an accredited university of college in the field of business, marketing, communications, etc
- Minimum 5 years experience in successful events sales, production, and development
- Demonstrated ability to be creative in revenue generation opportunities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Ungerboeck Software preferred
- Qualified candidates must possess superior organizational skills and be able to function in a fast-paced, multi-task setting.
- Food and Beverage knowledge preferred
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
- Light office duties and activities.
40 hours per week + nights and weekends as necessary.
- Analytical Skills – Synthesize information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively. Show flexibility in problem solving.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Motivation – Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Plan, organize, and implement projects and tasks within an allotted timeframe
- Exercise creativity, discretion, and independent judgement in determining how to assemble an event
- Job Family Special Events
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Entry Level
- Kansas City, MO, USA