Architectural Wall Project Manager - New England Sales
At KI, we believe knowing our customers helps us serve them better. We listen. We observe. We understand that each customer has unique needs. So, we pride ourselves on helping our customers make smart furniture decisions by offering expert advice, design options and personalized solutions.Since 1941, we’ve positioned KI as the furniture company that best understands the furniture industry and is committed to providing customers with the smart solutions. By targeting specific markets with solutions for business furniture, university furniture, educational furniture, healthcare furniture and government furniture, we can quickly respond to our customers’ unique needs – including the choice to procure furniture according to what fits their ordering and fulfillment process. That’s why we say we offer far more than furniture. We’re Furnishing Knowledge.
We have an immediate opening for a Project Manager who can manage our field-based Architectural Wall projects in the greater Boston, MA area from purchase order through to installation.
This position will lead and manage all aspects of field-based Wall projects from purchase order through to installation. The Project Manager will represent KI in project management meetings with Customers, General Contractors, Architects, Dealer Partners, and Installation partners virtually or at the job site, and will act as the liaison between KI Sales and Corporate Installation Services. This position manages the process from Purchase Order through to installation ensuring customer deadlines and quality expectations are met. Technical knowledge of KI Wall products and services, general knowledge of KI products, basic architecture, and construction schedule management is key to the success in this role. You will manage projects throughout New England, the position will be based in the Boston Showroom.
Represent KI in project management meetings with customers, dealer partner and installation partners.
- Visit job sites to verify project details with clients.
- Establish and manage detailed project schedules from manufacturing through shipping, delivery and punch.
- Provide technical assistance to customers as it relates to our Wall product and product capabilities.
- Analyze blueprints and freehand drawings to determine project scope, specifications, dimensions, and requirements of Wall projects.
- Value engineer quotations and provide additional or alternate options to provide the end user with an attractive cost.
- Manage all final project close-out requirements including change orders and punch lists.
- Assist Designer with reviewing incoming RFP/bid requests, specifications and RFI’s.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Construction or Project Management, or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in construction or project management
- Project Management Institute PMP or CAPM certification preferred
- Ability to understand discounts, commissions, accruals, sales tax, installation labor rates
- Understanding of building codes, hardware specifications and electrical systems
- Project management tools, techniques and software
- Previous experience reading/working with blueprints and freehand drawings
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We also offer a 401k plan with company match and an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP). Employee discounts, tuition reimbursement and certification assistance are just some of the other great benefits we offer.
Compensation is anywhere between $80-$100,000 depending on skills and qualifications.
KI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Family Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Boston, MA - Sales Office, One Design Center Place, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Boston, MA, USA