At KI, we believe knowing our customers helps us serve them better. We listen. We observe. We understand that each customer has unique needs. So, we pride ourselves on helping our customers make smart furniture decisions by offering expert advice, design options and personalized solutions.Since 1941, we’ve positioned KI as the furniture company that best understands the furniture industry and is committed to providing customers with the smart solutions. By targeting specific markets with solutions for business furniture, university furniture, educational furniture, healthcare furniture and government furniture, we can quickly respond to our customers’ unique needs – including the choice to procure furniture according to what fits their ordering and fulfillment process. That’s why we say we offer far more than furniture. We’re Furnishing Knowledge.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will plan, formulate, administer and coordinate various long- and short-term engineering projects designed to improve the quality and performance of products and to reduce cost, waste, and delays in the operation. The position will further evaluate, develop, and recommend improvements in manufacturing equipment, layouts, and material handling equipment. The position will also develop and oversee production of new and non-standard products.
Product & Project Management
- Perform continuous process improvement activities
- Reduce material and labor cost
- Evaluate new and existing processes and equipment
- Support and manage Global Sourcing projects for product improvements, cost savings and/or supplier changes
- Plan, coordinate, and implement continuous improvement activities to improve key performance indicators (contribution, on-time, cost of quality, incident rate, net efficiency, safety, etc.)
- Design and develop manufacturing processes and equipment to support new or modified products
- Supervise/Assist in the development of non-standard products
- Work with sales operations to resolve field install or quality issues
- Provide CSR/Sales support for standard and customer product inquiries.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
- 3 years of directly related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in BPCS or MRPII manufacturing system
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement principles
- Knowledge of ISO 9001
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and BPCS
- Ability to calculate accurate cost justifications
- Know of lean manufacturing, continuous improvement concepts
KI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Family Manufacturing / Operations - Office
- Pay Type Salary
- Manitowoc, WI - Manufacturing, 1400 S 41st St, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States of America