At KI, we believe knowing our customers helps us serve them better. We listen. We observe. We understand that each customer has unique needs. So, we pride ourselves on helping our customers make smart furniture decisions by offering expert advice, design options and personalized solutions.Since 1941, we’ve positioned KI as the furniture company that best understands the furniture industry and is committed to providing customers with the smart solutions. By targeting specific markets with solutions for business furniture, university furniture, educational furniture, healthcare furniture and government furniture, we can quickly respond to our customers’ unique needs – including the choice to procure furniture according to what fits their ordering and fulfillment process. That’s why we say we offer far more than furniture. We’re Furnishing Knowledge.
KI is looking for a CAD Designer to join our Design Product Maintenance team at our corporate headquarters in Green Bay, WI.
The CAD Designer will maintain engineering documents for all of our standard products and occasionally support new product development efforts by providing detailing and drafting services. The CAD Designer will be responsible for creating and maintaining high quality and accurate design models and drawings from conceptual design through production release. The CAD Designer will also be responsible for creating and maintaining eBOM structures affected by the revision and development work they perform.
Qualified candidates expected to have:
- Associate degree in Mechanical Design or a related field along with a minimum of four years of similar design experience.
- Prior experience with Mechanical CAD tools such as PTC Creo (preferred). Experience on other CAD tools is otherwise acceptable.
- Drafting and detailing experience is also required.
- Prior experience with PLM tools such as PTC Windchill preferred.
Other desirable qualifications:
- Knowledge of manufacturing
- Prior experience in product development
- Working in the furniture industry or consumer product-oriented manufacturing
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and 6 Sigma.
- Mechanical background
Full benefits package offered. Position offers on-site training on Creo and Windchill and KI product offerings.
KI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Family Design / Product Modifications
- Pay Type Hourly
- Green Bay, WI - Corporate, 1330 Bellevue Street, Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States of America