NIGHT HOST (2024 Season)
ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Internal Candidates please apply via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada including a mix of franchised and company-owned properties. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its locations. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, and progressive.
The owned and operated assets of KOA (OAK) is a division of KOA, Inc.’s overall operations and is rooted in the mission and values of KOA. The current OAK portfolio consists properties in the United States and in Canada.
Assistant General Manager and/or Guest Experience Supervisor
The Night Host assists the guest services department, after normal store hours, by registering late arriving customers, selling and delivering ice and firewood, enforcing campground rules, picking up trash and emptying trash receptacles, answering the after-hours phone, responding to messaging services, doing basic housekeeping duties, and performing light maintenance and repairs. They provide accurate and concise information about park rules, recreation activities, and directions to destinations. This guest facing position requires exceptional customer service, a can-do attitude, and the self-motivation to work independently.
- Assist guests with registering, guiding them to their sites, and with other customer service needs.
- Keep a record of all events that occur on shift, in chronological order, for future reference.
- Sell and deliver ice and firewood.
- Keep grounds free from trash, litter, and debris, and empty trash receptacles.
- Ensure the cleanliness of grounds, landscaped areas, parking lots, restrooms, pool, and office areas.
- Clean campsites by performing minor maintenance tasks such as raking the campsite pad, washing tables, and cleaning out fire rings.
- Clean restrooms per housekeeping schedule and collaborate with housekeeping staff and communicate daily housekeeping needs.
- Interact with guests and make recommendations for things to do in local area.
- Follow all safety guidelines for the operation of equipment and use of chemicals.
- Make minor carpentry, plumbing, and electrical repairs.
- Approach all encounters with guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Report all disturbances to management or in emergencies, to the local authorities without attempting to discipline or apprehend any campground violators.
- Prioritize tasks based upon importance and urgency with conscious planning and thoughtful decision making.
Note that this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Visually appealing and well-maintained campground that is free of trash and debris.
- Projects are completed property, safely and timely.
- Positive attitude toward the campground environment.
- Use of safe work practices for a secure work environment for staff and campground guests.
- Experience in campground or comparable position.
- Office and light maintenance work in high public contact area.
- Read, write, and speak English in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to operate various loud and vibrating maintenance tools and equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and move safely over uneven terrain.
- Able to work inside and outdoors and in various climates
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Trainee
- 1545 Targhee Pass Hwy, West Yellowstone, MT 59758, USA