GROUNDSKEEPER (2024 Season)
ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Internal Candidates please apply via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada including a mix of franchised and company-owned properties. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its locations. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, and progressive.
The owned and operated assets of KOA (OAK) is a division of KOA, Inc.’s overall operations and is rooted in the mission and values of KOA. The current OAK portfolio consists properties in the United States and in Canada.
Groundskeeper Lead or Property Engineer
The Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining a visually appealing and functional outdoor space for campground guests to enjoy. Their job is to perform a variety of tasks like mowing grass, raking leaves, pruning trees and shrubs, trash pickup and removal, watering plants, removing weeds, cleaning benches and other structures, and applying pest control methods to plant life. Proper maintenance of the lawn and maintenance equipment is essential. They will commonly work with a team to pull weeds, deadhead flowers, and perform more labor-intensive tasks like painting buildings and equipment, repairing fountains, chopping tree branches, and moving debris in a wheelbarrow. A Groundskeeper is someone who has a passion for working outside, regardless of the weather. They have a detailed understanding of which plants work best for their climate and plant flowers and other greenery in accordance with the seasons. They will need to haul heavy bags of soil or fertilizer and operate lawnmowers, leaf blowers and chain saws, in a safe and efficient manner.
- Daily lawncare to include mowing, weeding, raking, trimming, watering, and seeding of lawns and shrubbery.
- Follow all safety guidelines for the operation of equipment and chemicals.
- Operating and maintaining garden and landscaping equipment, trucks, golf carts, and power tools.
- Operating and maintaining hand tools, such as loppers, saws, and shovels efficiently.
- Utilizing insecticides, fertilizers, and chemical sprays to treat diseases.
- Keeping grounds free from trash, litter, and debris, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Conducting irrigation audits and performing basic irrigation repairs.
- Removing snow by using a shovel or snow blower.
- Changes light bulbs, paints walls, woodwork, furniture, and equipment.
- Makes minor carpentry, plumbing, and electrical repairs.
- Approach all encounters with guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Prioritize tasks based upon importance and urgency with conscious planning and thoughtful decision making.
- Maintain property by following the quality assurance manual.
- Foster a work environment that maximizes employee involvement, morale and is dedicated to delivering KOAs Culture, Mission, Values and Goals.
Note that this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Visually appealing and well-maintained grounds that are free of trash and debris.
- Projects are completed properly, safely and timely.
- Use of safe work practices for a secure work environment for staff and campground guests.
- Knowledge of gardening techniques
- Familiarity with sprinkler systems and other landscaping equipment
- Understanding of fertilizer, pesticide, and gasoline dispensing
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to operate various loud and vibrating maintenance tools and equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and move safely over uneven terrain.
- Able to work inside and outdoors and in various climates
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- 3305 Targhee Pass Hwy, West Yellowstone, MT 59758, USA