HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (2024 Season)
ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Internal Candidates please apply via email email@example.com
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada, including a mix of franchised and company-owned properties. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its locations. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, and progressive.
The owned and operated assets of KOA (OAK) is a division of KOA, Inc.’s overall operations and is rooted in the mission and values of KOA. The current OAK portfolio consists properties in the United States and in Canada.
General Manager and Assistant General Manager
The Housekeeping Supervisor (HS) oversees the day-to-day operations of the housekeeping department in support of an OAK property. A Housekeeping Supervisor monitors the work activities of the housekeeping team to ensure that they are providing a clean, orderly, and attractive environment for guests. They assign duties accordingly while quality inspecting all aspects performed by their team to make sure everything meets industry standards and keeps an eye on customer satisfaction. The HS organizes employee shifts, trains and motivates team members, maintains stock and monitors inventory levels, and orders cleaning supplies. They are tasked with maintaining quality control standards, investigating complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and taking corrective action with a focus on providing great customer service while leading a diverse team.
- Determine the number of housekeepers needed to complete tasks within specific time frames.
- Train new employees on proper techniques for various cleaning tasks such as cleaning accommodation units and washing laundry.
- Conduct regular inspections of restrooms, accommodation units, private and public spaces to ensure they are clean and orderly.
- Oversee and complete maintenance requests in a timely manner and in order of priority.
- Ensure supplies are available for use by team members in their work, such as brooms, cleaning agents, and linens.
- Effectively communicate each day’s activities and problems to the GM or AGM.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow associates and other departments within the campground.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations.
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and order replacements when needed.
- Assist the GM in achieving monthly and annual departmental budget requirements.
- Aid GM with hiring and training a diverse team and updating GM on team performance.
- Prepare reports as required, relating to procedures, efficiency, scheduling, attendance, etc.
- Provide great customer service with a focus on improving guest satisfaction.
- Maintains equipment and supply inventories.
- Good organization and time management.
- Maintain property by following the quality assurance manual under the direction of the GM.
- Foster a work environment that maximizes employee involvement, morale and is dedicated to delivering KOAs Culture, Mission, Values and Goals.
- Directed by GM, monitor and implement the department safety program, which ensures all OAK employees work in a safe and hazard free environment that complies with various local, state, and federal safety requirements.
Note that this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills with a professional attitude towards staff.
- Meet property’s target for OSHA and Safety requirements.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Precise control and adherence to KOA policies of all housekeeping, cleaning, and safety programs.
- Contributes to organization success by building competent and diverse teams with a focus on development.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two years experience in a supervisory or higher role in housekeeping or related field.
- Hear and speak the English language fluently.
- Strong decision-making ability.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills with ability to manage confrontation.
- Ability to motivate, lead and develop a diverse team.
- Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience of housekeeping and janitorial procedures.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Motivated, goal oriented and results driven.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and move safely over uneven terrain.
- Able to work inside and outdoors and in various climates.
- Able to travel by airplane and automobile.
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1545 Targhee Pass Hwy, West Yellowstone, MT 59758, USA