ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada, including a mix of franchised and company-owned properties. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its locations. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, and progressive.
The owned and operated assets of KOA (OAK) is a division of KOA, Inc.’s overall operations and is rooted in the mission and values of KOA. The current OAK portfolio consists properties in the United States and in Canada.
The Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining a clean, sanitary, comfortable, and tidy environment in support of the housekeeping department at an OAK property. They are to clean all private offices and public common areas including the general store, restrooms, and accommodation units while maintaining departmental standards. The Housekeeper consistently offers professional, friendly, and engaging customer service. Proper maintenance of the housekeeping tools and equipment is essential. Housekeepers work as part of a diverse team to meet and exceed brand standards.
- Clean and style accommodation rooms and public areas efficiently, to brand expectations, with great attention to detail and within time standards.
- Refresh and replenish guest rooms with amenities, supplies, lines, and applicable collateral to ensure all items are available for guest use.
- Take a proactive approach to prevent guest challenges by inspecting your work, identifying and communicating maintenance concerns, and replacing items when necessary.
- Complete maintenance requests in a timely manner and in order of priority.
- Take ownership to resolve guest challenges, working collaboratively with the guest services team and property leadership.
- Fill out appropriate forms and turn in any items left by guest to the housekeeping supervisor.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations.
- Remove bedding and count linens in the room, then make beds neatly with fresh sheets and pillowcases.
- Wash, dry and fold laundry as required.
- Pick up debris from floors and empty trash in wastebaskets.
- Clean mirrors, shelves, dishes, door frames, and furniture. Dust all surfaces, vacuum and sweep floors, and arrange furniture properly.
- Sanitize kitchen and bathrooms, scrub basins, tubs, toilets, and floors with appropriate chemical solutions in accordance with industry standards and company policy while using protective equipment.
- Sign out and sign in master room keys daily. Never loan out keys to another individual or remove them from the property.
- Conserves energy by closing shades or blinds and turning up air conditioning in unoccupied rooms.
- Report room condition and status to housekeeping supervisor and guest services.
- Retrieve, stock, restock and store the housekeeping cart according to prescribed housekeeping safety and security procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas of campground.
Note that this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Clean, tidy, and well maintained private and common areas, restrooms, and accommodations.
- Meet property’s target for OSHA and Safety requirements.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Timely reporting of guest concerns and maintenance issues with follow-up and corrective action in areas under the team member’s capabilities.
- Precise control and adherence to KOA policies of all housekeeping, cleaning, and safety programs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Desire to work in housekeeping or related field.
- Hear and speak the English language fluently.
- Willingness to learn through hands-on experience of housekeeping and janitorial procedures.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Motivated, goal oriented and results driven.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and move safely over uneven terrain.
- Able to work inside and outdoors and in various climates.
- Able to travel by automobile.
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Tuesday, April 16, 2024
- Job End Date Tuesday, October 15, 2024
- Bear Lake, Utah 82930, USA