LOU - ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada, including a mix of franchised and company-owned properties. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its locations. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, and progressive.
The owned and operated assets of KOA (OAK) is a division of KOA, Inc.’s overall operations and is rooted in the mission and values of KOA. The current OAK portfolio consists properties in the United States and in Canada.
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) collaborates closely with the General Manager (GM) to learn and supervise all aspects of campground operation in support of an OAK property. At the direction of the GM, the AGM is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of all departments and making sure they run smoothly and efficiently. Tasks may include assistance with staffing, inventory management, maintenance, safety, housekeeping, guest services, front desk, and recreation. This is a supervisory role where the AGM will work with the GM to define goals, communicate objectives, and lead a team. The AGM needs to be a dynamic individual that is people oriented and committed to managing by facts and making data-driven decisions. In the absence of a GM, the AGM oversees the campground and communicates with the Regional Vice President. This critical leadership role is responsible for delivering KOA’s Culture, Mission, Vision, and Values to a diverse team and diverse customer base.
- Consulting with GM to oversee daily business operations.
- Implementing GM vision and company growth strategies.
- Assist the GM in achieving monthly and annual budget requirements and ensure strict control of cash.
- Aid GM with hiring and training a diverse team and updating GM on team performance.
- Coordinate with GM to implement marketing vision and to research and identify growth opportunities.
- Prepare reports as required, relating to procedures, efficiency, scheduling, attendance, etc.
- Provide great customer service while improving guest satisfaction and raising the net promoter score.
- Good organization and time management.
- Maintain property by following the quality assurance manual under the direction of the GM.
- Run campground operations and communicate with RVP in General Manager’s absence.
- Foster a work environment that maximizes employee involvement, morale and is dedicated to delivering KOAs Culture, Mission, Values and Goals.
- Directed by GM, monitor and implement the department safety program, which ensures that all OAK employees work in a safe and hazard free environment that complies with various local, state, and federal safety requirements.
- Note that this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills with a professional attitude towards staff.
- Meet property’s target for guest satisfaction through Guest Satisfaction Surveys and Net Promoter Scores.
- Meet property’s target for employee engagement & experience metrics through organizational Employee Experience & Engagement Survey scores and employee feedback.
- Precise control and adherence to KOA policies of all generated cash.
- Contributes to organization success by building competent and diverse teams with a focus on development.
- Meet Quality Assurance standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years experience in a supervisory or higher role in hospitality or related field
- Hear and speak the English language fluently
- Strong decision-making ability
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills with ability to manage confrontation
- Ability to motivate, lead and develop a diverse team
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Ability to read and maintain a budget
- Motivated, goal oriented and results driven
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and move safely over uneven terrain.
- Able to work inside and outdoors and in various climates.
- Able to travel by airplane and automobile.
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. This includes discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
ABOUT LOUISVILLE SOUTH KOA HOLIDAY
We are a staff that provide fun and camping on over 60 acres in South Louisville located on the Salt River. We ensure our guests have a great experience from the warm welcome when they arrive and every moment throughout their stay. To achieve this, we have the very best team, always find ways to improve and look for team players to join us in this endeavor. When possible, we cross train our staff to help between various departments to create even greater collaborative work. To learn more about the campground visit: www.louisvillesouthkoa.com.
- 4 Deluxe Cabins: 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, kitchen (with linens)
- 7 Camping Cabins: 1 bedroom rustic accommodations (no linens)
- 207 RV and Tent Sites
- 2 Bathroom/Shower Houses
- Guest and Commercial Laundry
- Swimming Pool, Pocket Park with Games, Jumping Pillow, Dog Park, Kamp Store, Office, Recreation Activities
- Free Back-In Full Hook Up RV Site Rent
- Free Electric for Site Rent
- Free Laundry
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Paid Time Off
Comprehensive and affordable benefits for our employees and their families including:
- Medical 80/60 PPO Plan provided by Employee Benefits Management Services, Inc. (EBMS) (Aetna Signature Administrators)
- High Deductible Plan provided by Employee Benefits Management Services, Inc. (EBMS) (Aetna Signature Administrators)
- Prescription Plan provided by provided by Employee Benefits Management Services, Inc. (EBMS) (Navitus)
- Telehealth by Recuro Health
- Vision Plan provided by VSP
- Work-Life Balance Program provided by Unum
- Emergency Travel Assistance Program provided by Unum
- Life & AD&D Insurance provided by Unum
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance provided by Unum
- Long Term Disability Insurance provided by Unum
- Flexible Spending Accounts provided by provided by Employee Benefits Management Services, Inc. (EBMS)
- Health Savings Accounts provided by Avidia Bank
- 401(k) / Retirement Plan provided by Wells Fargo
- *Eligibility for medical, dental, vision and life insurance for full-time employees: The first day of the month on or after the date you complete 60 days of continuous employment with KOA
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $37,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $40,000.00
- Job Start Date Friday, December 1, 2023
- Shepherdsville, KY 40165, USA