NIGHT HOST (Summer Season 2024)
KOA, INC. DEI STATEMENT
At KOA, we believe the outdoors is fun and for everyone. We are committed to having a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all are treated with dignity and respect. We strive to:
• intentionally create a sense of community and belonging for our guests, employees and franchise partners
• continually educate ourselves and advance our understanding about DEI
• sustain a culture that promotes diversity of thought and experiences
• ensure everyone has the ability to experience the outdoors and that our facilities are accessible to all
• drive change in our company and industry through action and implementation
Resort General Manager, Guest Services Supervisor, and/or Resort Operations Manager
Responsible for greeting and assisting with registering guests, being the point of contact for all PM guest service needs and ensuring that the resort is kept clean and orderly. Role will be responsible for maintaining a safe and peaceful environment during the night.
- Greet all guests with a positive attitude and a well-groomed appearance, a smile, recognition and a proper Terramor uniform and name tag.
- Handle all guest issues with respect by listening and acknowledging their concern. Report all customer problems, requests or complaints to the Resort Manager, Guest Services Supervisor and/or Operations Manager.
- Follow all Terramor guidelines and procedures regarding the handling of registrations, reservations, store sales and refunds.
- Follow specific Terramor cash and credit card handling procedures and properly use the computer, cash register, credit card, and various other front desk equipment.
- Handle daily, weekly, and monthly scheduled stocking and cleaning programs as requested by management for all areas of the main Lodge.
- Work closely with Front Desk, Housekeeping, Restaurant and Grounds Departments to secure and deliver items to guest tents in timely manner.
- Ensure all guests follow established resort rules and regulations and tour the resort buildings, facilities and grounds on a regular basis to ensure Terramor standards are being met and all facilities are safe.
- Immediately report any violation of resort rules and regulations that has the potential to harm or endanger the safety of any Terramor customer, guest or employee to the Resort Manager, Guest Services Supervisor and/or Operations Manager.
- Immediately report any medical emergency of a Terramor customer, guest or employee to the Resort Manager, Guest Services Supervisor and/or Operations Manager.
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Assist in cleaning public areas such as bathrooms, lodge and pool area.
- Assist with coffee service in the morning.
- Promote local attractions and encourage guests to use our Outfitter services.
- All guests are greeted with friendly, helpful and professional guest service delivery.
- Demonstration of a positive attitude with guests, management, team members, and vendors.
- Consistently at work as scheduled and on time for shifts.
- Well-groomed appearance and appropriate, clean Terramor uniform and nametag.
- Resort buildings, facilities and grounds are well-maintained and fully operational.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, lift & carry 25 pounds regularly
- Moderate periods of walking, standing, and some bending
- Ability to operate a golf cart
- Able to work inside and outdoors frequently and in various climates
- Long periods of standing, sitting, bending and kneeling
- Requires the use of hands/fingers to handle or feel
- Speak the English language fluently
- Basic knowledge of propane and gasoline dispensing
- General knowledge of computer and cash register operation
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- 1453 ME-102, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA