ACTIVITY DIRECTOR - OUTFITTER (Summer Season 2024)
KOA, INC. DEI STATEMENT
At KOA, we believe the outdoors is fun and for everyone. We are committed to having a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all are treated with dignity and respect. We strive to:
• intentionally create a sense of community and belonging for our guests, employees and franchise partners
• continually educate ourselves and advance our understanding about DEI
• sustain a culture that promotes diversity of thought and experiences
• ensure everyone has the ability to experience the outdoors and that our facilities are accessible to all
• drive change in our company and industry through action and implementation
Resort Manager, Guest Services Supervisor and/or Operations Manager
Provide guests with knowledge of the local area, assist in planning and organizing and booking offsite adventures. Manage, plan and implement a structured recreation program onsite that involves both self-directed activities as well as organized activities.
- Educate guests on recreational and cultural options in the area.
- Maintain and update the Outfitter Guidebook which will offer a varied selection of activities for our guests both on and off property
- Arrange, reserve and confirm activities for guests as requested in a timely manner with proper follow-up and attention to detail.
- Manage the guest equipment rental and gear lending programs
- Assess staffing needs for various daily, weekly and monthly recreational activities and work wit the Guest Services Supervisor, Operations Manager and/or Resort Manager to coordinate scheduling of recreation team staff accordingly.
- Establish & maintain cohesive, good working relationships between all outfitter staff.
- Create & distribute a monthly calendar listing the times and locations of all planned activities.
- Coordinate, prepare and purchase, within the resort's budget, all food and drink items, equipment, awards, entertainment and travel arrangements necessary for activities.
- Promote an atmosphere of fun, education and relaxation.
- Greet all guests with a positive attitude and a well-groomed appearance, a smile, recognition and a proper Terramor uniform and name tag.
- Follow specific Terramor cash and credit card handling procedures and properly use the computer, cash register, credit card, and various other front desk equipment.
- Handle daily, weekly, and monthly scheduled stocking and cleaning programs as requested by the Guest Services Supervisor, Resort Manager and/or Operations Manager for all areas of the main Lodge.
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties or responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Follow all Terramor guidelines and procedures regarding the handling of registrations, reservations, store sales and refunds.
- Assist in the restaurant as necessary. Duties may include but not limited to:
- Taking guest orders and properly ringing up orders via the restaurant POS system
- Delivering orders
- Bussing tables
- Recreation program is well organized and managed within budget.
- All outfitters and resort staff are well trained and knowledgeable of activities, events and local attractions.
- Activities are well prepared, timely, fun, and creative.
- Guest adventures tailored to individual needs and are booked and organized in a timely, professional and efficient manner.
- Drive revenue at the resort while providing guests with quality memories they will remember from their stay at Terramor.
- Strong knowledge of the local area in regards to recreation, tours and businesses.
- Ability to encourage, build trust, respect and cooperation among team members
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly by speaking so others will understand
- Hear and speak the English language fluently
- Aptitude for working with adults, children, and a variety of personalities
- Capable of providing customer service with a fun, friendly attitude and a smile
- General knowledge of computer and cash register operation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Creative thinking to generate a wide variety of recreational activities for all ages and genders
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays and cover shifts when needed
- Follows instructions, responds to management and takes responsibility
- Neat and clean appearance
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally, and lift & carry 10 pounds regularly
- Long periods of standing (50% of the time), bending and kneeling
- Requires the use of hands/fingers to handle or feel
- Able to work inside and outdoors frequently and in various climates
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- 1453 ME-102, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA