GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Summer Season 2024)
KOA, INC. DEI STATEMENT
At KOA, we believe the outdoors is fun and for everyone. We are committed to having a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all are treated with dignity and respect. We strive to:
• intentionally create a sense of community and belonging for our guests, employees and franchise partners
• continually educate ourselves and advance our understanding about DEI
• sustain a culture that promotes diversity of thought and experiences
• ensure everyone has the ability to experience the outdoors and that our facilities are accessible to all
• drive change in our company and industry through action and implementation
Resort General Manager, Guest Services Supervisor, and/or Resort Operations Manager
Responsible for guest registration, front desk, and store procedures while delivering great guest service.
- Provide superior guest service over the telephone and in person, by being enthusiastic, attentive, friendly and helpful.
- Greet all guests with a positive attitude and a well-groomed appearance, a smile, recognition and a proper Terramor uniform and name tag.
- Handle all guest issues with respect by listening and acknowledging their concern.
- Follow all Terramor guidelines and procedures regarding the handling of registrations, reservations, store sales and refunds.
- Follow specific Terramor cash and credit card handling procedures and properly use the computer, cash register, credit card, and various other front desk equipment.
- Handle daily, weekly, and monthly scheduled stocking and cleaning programs as requested by the Guest Services Supervisor, Resort Manager and/or Operations Manager for all areas of the main Lodge.
- Promote local attractions and encourage guests to use our Outfitter services.
- Assist guests with gear lending as needed.
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Assist in the restaurant as necessary. Duties may include but not limited to:
- Taking guest orders and properly ringing up orders via the restaurant POS system
- Delivering orders
- Bussing tables
- Booking guests for tours and outings as well as educating them about things to do and see in the local area.
- Assist with gear lending as needed.
- All guests are greeted immediately with friendly, helpful and professional guest service delivery.
- Demonstration of a positive attitude with guests, management, team members, and vendors.
- Careful and accurate money handling.
- Well-groomed appearance and appropriate, clean Terramor uniform and nametag.
- Consistently at work as scheduled and on time for shifts.
- Attention to detail when taking reservations and/or registering guests.
- Hear and speak the English language fluently
- General knowledge of computer and cash register operation
- Basic math, reading and writing
- Follows instructions, responds to management and takes responsibility
- Neat and clean appearance
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays and cover shifts when needed
- Excellent customer services skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance
- Ability to respond to telephone calls, hear issues, give direction while viewing computer screens
- Long periods of standing (80%)
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb
- Requires the use of hands/fingers to handle or feel
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $17.00
- 1453 ME-102, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA