GUEST EXPERIENCE SUPERVISOR (Summer Season 2024)
KOA, INC. DEI STATEMENT
At KOA, we believe the outdoors is fun and for everyone. We are committed to having a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all are treated with dignity and respect. We strive to:
• intentionally create a sense of community and belonging for our guests, employees and franchise partners
• continually educate ourselves and advance our understanding about DEI
• sustain a culture that promotes diversity of thought and experiences
• ensure everyone has the ability to experience the outdoors and that our facilities are accessible to all
• drive change in our company and industry through action and implementation
Resort Manager and/or Operations Manager
Supervise the front desk, registration and store to ensure the highest level of customer service is provided to all guests and maintain profitable store operations as well as help drive additional revenue at the resort.
- Daily supervision and scheduling of guest services staff as directed by the Resort Manager or the Operations Manager.
- Provide training, mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help maintain a high functioning, cohesive team who work well independently and as part of a team.
- Present a positive, professional impression with a well-groomed appearance, smile and proper Terramor uniform and nametag.
- Provide excellent and friendly guest service by being attentive, responsive and helpful to all guest needs.
- Respond to guest complaints and take corrective action to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Ensure all Terramor guidelines and procedures are adhered to regarding the handling of registrations, reservations, store sales, and refunds.
- Apply proper cash controls by following specific Terramor cash and credit card handling procedures.
- Ensure that the store is fully stocked at all times and assist with ordering of stock as needed.
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Work with the other department heads to ensure that staffing in all areas of the resort is being met and assist where needed.
- Assist in all areas of the lodge as necessary. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Taking guest orders in the restaurant and properly ringing up orders via the restaurant POS system
- Delivering orders
- Bussing tables
- Booking guests for tours and outings as well as educating them about things to do and see in the local area.
- Assist with gear lending as needed.
- All guests are greeted immediately with friendly, helpful and professional guest service delivery.
- Well trained and knowledgeable staff who execute their job in a safe and timely manner.
- Demonstration of a positive attitude with guests, management, team members, and vendors.
- Careful and accurate money handling.
- Well trained and knowledgeable staff that can do their job timely and efficiently.
- Hear and speak the English language fluently
- Ability to read and maintain a budget
- Knowledge of computer and cash register operation with a firm understanding and working knowledge of registration system
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays and cover shifts when needed
- Excellent customer services skills
- Ability to lead and serve as a role model
- Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must display very good organization and time management skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance
- Long periods of standing (80%)
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb
- Requires the use of hands/fingers to handle or feel
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $18.50
- 1453 ME-102, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA