HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (Summer Season 2024)
KOA, INC. DEI STATEMENT
At KOA, we believe the outdoors is fun and for everyone. We are committed to having a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all are treated with dignity and respect. We strive to:
• intentionally create a sense of community and belonging for our guests, employees and franchise partners
• continually educate ourselves and advance our understanding about DEI
• sustain a culture that promotes diversity of thought and experiences
• ensure everyone has the ability to experience the outdoors and that our facilities are accessible to all
• drive change in our company and industry through action and implementation
Resort General Manager, Executive Housekeeper and/or Resort Operations Manager
Assist in the supervision of the housekeeping and laundry operation to ensure that quality standards are met and optimum service is provided to campground guests.
- Daily supervision and scheduling assignments for housekeeping staff. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Maintain proper inventory levels managing par levels depending on the seasonality of the campground.
- Inventory housekeeping supplies and equipment to ensure all items are kept in stock and work with staff to minimize waste. Work with the general manager, executive housekeeper and/or operations manager to order replacements.
- Manage the quality of housekeeping and laundry services. Schedule routine inspections of all accommodations and public areas to ensure furnishings, accommodations, equipment, linens, public restrooms, registration/store, etc. are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction.
- Supervise the commercial laundry room to ensure that proper techniques and systems are being used and work is being completed in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the front desk staff and maintenance staff to ensure timely guest check- ins and units are kept in good working condition.
- Use the reservation system to pull reports as well as have a firm understanding and working knowledge of the system.
- Routinely perform all housekeeping duties necessary including cleaning accommodations and public spaces to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist with deep-cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during high-volume periods.
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Present a positive, professional impression with a well-groomed appearance, smile and proper Terramor uniform and name tag.
- Provide excellent and friendly guest service by being attentive, responsive and helpful to all guest needs.
- Respond to guest complaints and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Work with the other department heads to ensure that staffing in all areas of the resort is being met and assist where needed.
- Answer guest questions about things to see and do in the local area.
- Well trained staff that can execute their jobs in a timely and efficient manner.
- A very clean and well-maintained campground.
- NPS scores that reflect satisfied happy guests as related to the cleanliness of the campground and attentiveness of housekeeping staff.
- Professional attitude dedicated to serving the needs of our guests and the willingness to go above and beyond.
- A safe work environment for staff and campground guests.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years of housekeeping/laundry experience. Supervisory experience a plus
- Must speak fluent English and other additional languages are preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and be able to work with little or no supervision
- Must display very good organization and time management skills
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities
- Work under wet and slippery conditions
- Basic knowledge of safety procedures including chemical properties, handling and usage
- Capable of operating a golf cart
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and cover shifts when needed
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly
- Able to push and/or pull approximately 20 pounds
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance
- Requires the use of hands/fingers to handle or feel
- Long periods of standing, bending, kneeling and walking
- Able to work inside and outdoors frequently and in various climates
- Capable of moving safely over uneven terrain
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $19.00
- 1453 ME-102, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA