MAINTENANCE/GROUNDS (Summer Season 2024)
KOA, INC. DEI STATEMENT
At KOA, we believe the outdoors is fun and for everyone. We are committed to having a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all are treated with dignity and respect. We strive to:
• intentionally create a sense of community and belonging for our guests, employees and franchise partners
• continually educate ourselves and advance our understanding about DEI
• sustain a culture that promotes diversity of thought and experiences
• ensure everyone has the ability to experience the outdoors and that our facilities are accessible to all
• drive change in our company and industry through action and implementation
Resort General Manager, Maintenance/Grounds Manager and/or Operations Manager
Responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep of the resort buildings, facilities, equipment and grounds.
- Perform basic carpentry, electrical and plumbing repairs, and maintenance to resort buildings, facilities, equipment and grounds as directed by the Resort Manager, the Operations Manager or the Maintenance Manager.
- Implement daily, weekly and monthly maintenance and cleaning programs as instituted by the Resort Manager, the Operations Manager or the Maintenance Manager, including the pool/spa, lawn mowing, weed eating, landscaping, garbage pick-up, cleaning of firepits, keeping firewood stocked and various other resort equipment upkeep.
- Comply with all Terramor, federal, state and local safety programs by adhering to established guidelines in the operation and storage of various equipment, tools, and chemicals, ensuring your safety, as well as that of fellow staff and resort customers.
- Provide superior customer service by being attentive, responsive and helpful to guests needs. Report all customer problems, requests or complaints to the Resort Manager, the Operations Manager or the Maintenance Manager.
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Assist in cleaning public areas such as bathrooms, lodge and pool area.
- Assist guests with luggage to and from tents
- Stock pool towels and transport used terry to laundry.
- Answer guest questions about things to see and do in the local area.
- Resort buildings, facilities and grounds are well-maintained and fully operational.
- Projects are completed properly, safely and timely.
- Demonstration of a positive attitude with guests, management, and team members.
- Use of safe work practices for a secure work environment for staff and resort guests.
- Well-groomed appearance and appropriate, clean Terramor uniform and nametag.
- Consistently at work as scheduled and on time for shifts.
- Basic knowledge of electrical and plumbing equipment and installation
- Basic knowledge of chemical properties, handling, and usage
- Valid Driver’s License
- Neat and clean appearance
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays and cover shifts when needed
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds regularly
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance
- Long periods of standing
- Ability to bend, kneel, stoop, crouch and climb
- Must be able to operate various loud and vibrating maintenance tools and equipment
- Requires the use of hands/fingers to handle or feel
- Able to travel by auto
- Able to work inside and outdoors frequently and in various climates
- Capable of moving safely over uneven terrain
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $17.00
- 1453 ME-102, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA