FOOD & BEVERAGE BARTENDER (Summer Season 2024)
KOA, INC. DEI STATEMENT
At KOA, we believe the outdoors is fun and for everyone. We are committed to having a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all are treated with dignity and respect. We strive to:
• intentionally create a sense of community and belonging for our guests, employees and franchise partners
• continually educate ourselves and advance our understanding about DEI
• sustain a culture that promotes diversity of thought and experiences
• ensure everyone has the ability to experience the outdoors and that our facilities are accessible to all
• drive change in our company and industry through action and implementation
Resort General Manager, Food & Beverage Director, and/or Operations Manager
Responsible for providing an excellent guest experience by preparing alcohol and non-alcohol drinks for guests as well as helping to facilitate the timely service of food.
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience by interacting with customers, taking orders and serving food and beverage. Report all customer problems, requests, or complaints to the Resort Manager, Food & Beverage Director, Guest Services Manager and/or Operations Manager.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails.
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age.
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies when necessary.
- Ensure that all food and beverages are prepared and served per Terramor’s standards of quality while complying with all federal, state and county code laws as they pertain to the serving of food and alcoholic beverages.
- Promote the restaurant/bar by possessing working knowledge of all menu items, daily specials and featured promotions.
- Carry out the daily, weekly and monthly cleaning programs as established by the Resort Manager, Food & Beverage Director, and/or Operations Manager, being sure to adhere to all federal, state, local and Terramor health and cleanliness standards.
- Follow specific Terramor cash and credit card handling procedures and properly use the computer, cash register, credit card, and various other restaurant equipment.
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Assist in cleaning public areas inside and outside the main lodge.
- Answer guest questions about things to see and do in the local area.
- Assist guests with questions and transaction in the retail shop.
- Deliver items to tents as requested by guests.
- All areas of the bar and restaurant operation are clean, properly stocked and well maintained.
- Adherence to all KOA, federal, state and local standards and codes.
- Timely delivery of food and beverages for satisfied and happy customers.
- Professional attitude dedicated to serving the need of our guest and exceeding expectations.
- Monitor alcohol intake by guests and prohibit the sale of alcohol to intoxicated guests.
- Consistently at work as scheduled and on time for shifts.
- Proven working experience as a bartender
- Excellent knowledge of mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Relevant training certificate
- Knowledge of computer and cash register operation
- Hear and speak the English language fluently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and cover shifts when needed
- Excellent customer services skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally and 25 pounds regularly
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance
- Long periods of standing (80%), bending and kneeling
- Requires the use of hands/fingers to handle or feel
- Ability to work in hot, humid, cold and wet conditions
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $16.50
- 1453 ME-102, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA