FOOD & BEVERAGE KITCHEN STAFF (Summer Season 2024)
KOA, INC. DEI STATEMENT
At KOA, we believe the outdoors is fun and for everyone. We are committed to having a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all are treated with dignity and respect. We strive to:
• intentionally create a sense of community and belonging for our guests, employees and franchise partners
• continually educate ourselves and advance our understanding about DEI
• sustain a culture that promotes diversity of thought and experiences
• ensure everyone has the ability to experience the outdoors and that our facilities are accessible to all
• drive change in our company and industry through action and implementation
Resort General Manager, Food & Beverage Director, and/or Operations Manager
Responsible for the preparation and presentation of food to Terramor standards as well as helping to facilitate the timely service of food to the customer.
- The set-up and breakdown of work stations with the needed ingredient and cooking equipment.
- Pleases customers by providing a pleasant dining experience.
- Serves meals by reviewing recipes; assembling, combining, and cooking ingredients; and maintaining a sanitary kitchen.
- Executes cold food production in accordance with standards of plating guide specifications.
- Attends to the detail and presentation of each order.
- Places and expedites orders.
- Prepares ingredients by following recipes; slicing, cutting, chopping, mincing, stirring, whipping, and mixing ingredients; adding seasonings; verifying taste; and plating meals.
- Completes hot meal preparation by grilling, sautéing, roasting, frying, use of the pizza oven and broiling ingredients and assembling and refrigerating cold ingredients.
- Adheres to proper food handling, sanitation, and safety procedures; maintains temperature and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) logs as required; and maintains appropriate dating, labeling, and rotation of all food items.
- Stores leftovers according to established standards.
- Clean-up of work space and service items.
- Ensure that all food and beverages are prepared and served per Terramor’s standards of quality while complying with all federal, state and county code laws as they pertain to the serving of food and alcoholic beverages.
- Promote the restaurant/bar by possessing working knowledge of all menu items, daily specials and featured promotions.
- Carry out the daily, weekly and monthly cleaning programs as established by the Resort Manager, Food & Beverage Director, and/or Operations Manager, being sure to adhere to all federal, state, local and Terramor health and cleanliness standards.
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Assist in cleaning public areas inside and outside the main lodge.
- Answer guest questions about things to see and do in the local area.
- Deliver items to tents as requested by guests.
- Follow specific Terramor cash and credit card handling procedures and properly use the computer, cash register, credit card, and various other restaurant equipment.
- All food is prepared to Terramor standards to meet and exceed customers’ expectations.
- All areas of the food and beverage operation are clean, properly stocked and well maintained.
- Adherence to all Terramor, federal, state and local standards and codes.
- Professional attitude dedicated to serving the need of our guest with a willingness to exceed guest expectation.
- Hear and speak the English language fluently
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of various restaurant equipment and ability to use such equipment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Follows instructions, responds to management and takes responsibility
- Neat and clean appearance
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays and cover shifts when needed
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
- Excellent customer services skills
- Prior food and beverage experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally and 25 pounds regularly
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance
- Long periods of standing (80%), bending and kneeling
- Requires the use of hands/fingers to handle or feel
- Ability to work in hot, humid, cold and wet conditions
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $17.00
- 1453 ME-102, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA