FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVER (Summer Season 2024)
KOA, INC. DEI STATEMENT
At KOA, we believe the outdoors is fun and for everyone. We are committed to having a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all are treated with dignity and respect. We strive to:
• intentionally create a sense of community and belonging for our guests, employees and franchise partners
• continually educate ourselves and advance our understanding about DEI
• sustain a culture that promotes diversity of thought and experiences
• ensure everyone has the ability to experience the outdoors and that our facilities are accessible to all
• drive change in our company and industry through action and implementation
ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 500+ locations across the United States and Canada, including a mix of franchised and company-owned properties. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its locations. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, and progressive.
The owned and operated assets of KOA (OAK) is a division of KOA, Inc.’s overall operations, and is rooted in the mission and values of KOA. The current OAK portfolio consists of campgrounds in the United States and Canada.
Food and Beverage Supervisor and/or Assistant General Manager
The Server is responsible for greeting guests, taking food and drink orders and ensuring guests are satisfied throughout their meal. They are required to communicate with kitchen staff to make sure food orders are prepared correctly and delivered in timely manner.
- Greet guests and maintain a friendly demeanor throughout their dining experience.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow associates and other departments within the campground.
- Ensures that outlets are sanitized, cleaned, stocked, and setup correctly at start of and throughout the shift while adhering to sanitation, safety, and food and beverage control policies.
- Clear, clean and reset tables as needed.
- Responsible for understanding and operating the POS system.
- Assists with basic food preparation as needed.
- Understand and communicate what’s on the menu, answering questions and making recommendations on selections to guests.
- Adhere to policies regarding handling of cash drawer while following specific KOA cash and credit card handling procedures.
- Increase revenues through up-selling strategies and profitability of ancillary income.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism, customer service, quality and cleanliness.
- Be familiar with fire extinguisher locations and know how to operate them in the restaurant/kitchen.
- Ensures safe handling of chemicals in accordance with department standards and utilizes proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
- Foster a work environment that maximizes employee involvement, morale and is dedicated to delivering KOAs Culture, Mission, Values and Goals.
Note that this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Strong communication and collaboration with kitchen team.
- Timely delivery of food and beverage
- Adherence to all KOA, federal, state and local standards and codes.
- Provide safe work environment for guests and staff.
- Meet Quality Assurance standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a related field required
- Hear and speak the English language fluently
- Strong decision-making ability
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills with ability to manage confrontation
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Motivated, goal oriented and results driven
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and move safely over uneven terrain.
- Able to work inside and outdoors and in various climates.
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $16.50
- 1453 ME-102, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA