FOOD & BEVERAGE COOK (2024 Season)
ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Internal Candidates please apply via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada, including a mix of franchised and company-owned properties. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its locations. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, and progressive.
The owned and operated assets of KOA (OAK) is a division of KOA, Inc.’s overall operations, and is rooted in the mission and values of KOA. The current OAK portfolio consists of campgrounds in the United States and Canada.
Food and Beverage Supervisor and/or Assistant General Manager
The Cook is responsible for planning, preparing and cooking food items to ensure the highest quality service and experience for our guests. The Cook ensures proper food handling, sanitation and food storage procedures while keeping the kitchen organized and running efficiently. Cooks follow recipes and make adjustments based on customer requests, communicate with wait staff and prepare dishes to make an attractive presentation for each meal.
- Ensures that outlets are sanitized, cleaned, stocked, and setup correctly at start of and throughout the shift while adhering to sanitation, safety, and food and beverage control policies.
- Ensure ingredients and final products are fresh.
- Occasionally serve food.
- Assist with creation of menu items.
- Operate kitchen equipment such as broilers, ovens, fryers, and grills.
- Assist supervisor in monthly food and beverage inventories and reconciliations.
- Responsible for understanding and operating the POS system.
- Obtain certifications to meet state and local government regulations.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism, customer service, quality and cleanliness.
- Be familiar with fire extinguisher locations and know how to operate them in the restaurant/kitchen.
- Ensures safe handling of chemicals in accordance with department standards and utilizes proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
- Foster a work environment that maximizes employee involvement, morale and is dedicated to delivering KOAs Culture, Mission, Values and Goals.
Note that this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Timely delivery of food and beverage.
- Food and Beverage operation is within budget and profitable.
- Adherence to all KOA, federal, state and local standards and codes.
- Provide safe work environment for guests and staff.
- Meet Quality Assurance standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a related field required
- Hear and speak the English language fluently
- Strong decision-making ability
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills with ability to manage confrontation
- Ability to motivate, lead and develop a diverse team
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Motivated, goal oriented and results driven
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and move safely over uneven terrain.
- Able to work inside and outdoors and in various climates.
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- 1545 Targhee Pass Hwy, West Yellowstone, MT 59758, USA