GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (2024 Season)
ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Internal Candidates please apply via email email@example.com
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada, including a mix of franchised and company-owned properties. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its locations. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, and progressive.
The owned and operated assets of KOA (OAK) is a division of KOA, Inc.’s overall operations, and is rooted in the mission and values of KOA. The current OAK portfolio consists of campgrounds in the United States and Canada.
Guest Services Lead, Guest Experience Supervisor and/or Assistant General Manager
The Guest Service Representative (GSR) is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay. They will accommodate campground guests by registering, issuing keys, keeping proper record of occupied sites, making and confirming reservations and collecting payments. The GSR will help maintain a clean, well-stocked and organized store.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the front desk in accordance with KOA standards.
- Resolve guest concerns and complaints in a thoughtful manner while maintaining campground standards.
- Prepare reports as required, relating to shift check-list, and down-time reports.
- Answer inquiries from guests regarding campground amenities and local attractions.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the campground property management system.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow associates and other departments within the campground and utilize proper two-way radio etiquette at all times.
- Oversee and ensure that all guests are checked in/out in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Adhere to policies regarding handling of cash drawer while following specific KOA cash and credit card handling procedures.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to daily shift activities.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism, customer service, quality and cleanliness.
- Maintain store displays and inventory control as directed, and communicate ideas and guest feedback.
- Increase revenues through up-selling strategies and profitability of ancillary income.
- Maintain health standards and ensure guests and team members are in a safe and secure environment.
- Foster a work environment that maximizes employee involvement, morale and is dedicated to delivering KOAs Culture, Mission, Values and Goals.
Note that this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Demonstrates positive attitude with guests, management, team members and vendors.
- Consistent maintaining of arrivals, departures and campground census reports.
- Attention to detail when handling reservations and/or registering guests.
- Promotion of ancillary revenue streams.
- Meet Quality Assurance standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Hear and speak the English language fluently
- Strong decision-making ability
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills with ability to manage confrontation
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Motivated, goal oriented and results driven
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and move safely over uneven terrain.
- Able to work inside and outdoors and in various climates.
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected status.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- 3305 Targhee Pass Hwy, West Yellowstone, MT 59758, USA