YEL - MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada including a mix of franchised and company-owned properties. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its locations. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, and progressive.
The owned and operated assets of KOA (OAK) is a division of KOA, Inc.’s overall operations and is rooted in the mission and values of KOA. The current OAK portfolio consists properties in the United States and in Canada.
Maintenance Engineering Lead or Property Engineer
The Maintenance Engineer (ME) is responsible for the general maintenance, operation and upkeep of the campground buildings, facilities, equipment, and grounds. They will commonly work with a team to ensure all aspects of the campground are clean, safe, and well-maintained and in good working order. The ME will use technical skills to troubleshoot and repair machinery, electrical systems, and other equipment. They also use technical skills to read and interpret technical manuals, blueprints and other documents related to their work. The ME will perform general carpentry, electrical, painting, and plumbing work and install new fixtures, equipment, and appliances as needed. They are also responsible for conducting the preventative maintenance program, handling guest requests and other work orders as assigned in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and maintenance/repairs to campground buildings, facilities, equipment, vehicles, and grounds as directed by the engineering supervisor.
- Comply with all KOA, federal, state, and local safety programs by adhering to established guidelines in the operation and storage of various equipment, tools and chemicals.
- Maintain compliance with preventative maintenance program through regular inspection of facilities, buildings, cabins, vehicles, and equipment.
- Inspecting equipment to ensure proper functioning of heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing, electrical systems, etc.
- Troubleshooting problems with equipment to determine the cause of failure and determine the best solution for repair or replacement.
- Installing new fixtures, equipment, and appliances as needed.
- Safe operation of swimming pool and aquatic water features by maintaining proper pool chemistry while safely handling all pool chemicals.
- Approach all encounters with guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Prioritize tasks based upon importance and urgency with conscious planning and thoughtful decision making.
- Comfortable in high-pressure and fast paced situations while maintaining composure and objectivity.
- Maintain property by following the quality assurance manual.
- Foster a work environment that maximizes employee involvement, morale and is dedicated to delivering KOAs Culture, Mission, Values and Goals.
Note that this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Campground buildings, facilities, and grounds are well maintained and fully operational.
- Projects are completed properly, safely and timely.
- Use of safe work practices for a secure work environment for staff and campground guests.
- Basic knowledge of electrical and plumbing equipment and installation
- Basic knowledge of chemical properties, handling and usage
- Basic knowledge of propane and gasoline dispensing
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to operate various loud and vibrating maintenance tools and equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and move safely over uneven terrain.
- Able to work inside and outdoors and in various climates
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- West Yellowstone, MT 59758, USA