JUNIOR UX DESIGNER AND UI DEVELOPER
KOA, INC. DEI STATEMENT
At KOA, we believe the outdoors is fun and for everyone. We are committed to having a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all are treated with dignity and respect. We strive to:
• intentionally create a sense of community and belonging for our guests, employees and franchise partners
• continually educate ourselves and advance our understanding about DEI
• sustain a culture that promotes diversity of thought and experiences
• ensure everyone has the ability to experience the outdoors and that our facilities are accessible to all
• drive change in our company and industry through action and implementation
ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada including a mix of franchised and company-owned parks. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1,200+ across its location. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, customer-focused and progressive.
Director of Product Development
The KOA Junior UX Designer and UI Developer works closely with a team of software developers to build, customize, and integrate applications with the K2 property management system (KOA’s proprietary property management system) used by campgrounds across the nation. The job includes updating existing user interfaces and user experience concepts already in operation as well as guiding developers on best patterns and practices on UI coding and user experience fundamentals in collaboration with our Senior UX Designer and UI Developer. Junior UX Designer and UI Developers may have the opportunity to engage in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include understanding and analyzing user/business system requirements, UX design, UI development, testing and responding to support tickets and outages. This position requires that the individual have a professional attitude, be detail orientated, and be an engaged team member.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES & RELATIONSHIPS
Will work closely with Senior UX Designer and UI Designer, Developers, Senior Developers, Product Owners, Business Analysts and Software Quality Analysts.
Remote work is authorized for this position up to and including full time remote work as approved by the supervisor.
- This position will require a minimal amount of travel. In-person attendance will be required on a yearly cycle to attend departmental meetings and/or staff development meetings. Ample advance notice will be provided.
- Attendance at all sprint ceremonies, including daily stand-up meetings, is required utilizing conferencing collaboration tools when working remote.
- Collaborate with senior UX Designer/UI Developer, product owners, senior developers, and project managers to understand requirements.
- Assist Senior UX Designer and UI Developer on design activities.
- Assist in the design and development of responsive, user-friendly applications and software integrations.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code in a variety of technologies.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in existing code.
- Learn standard best practices, procedures, and standards regarding UI and UX.
- Provide user interface technical opinion and guidance during project planning.
- Optimize application UI for maximum speed, scalability, and agility.
- Maintain a consistent user experience across all applications.
- Design and develop mobile/responsive applications.
- Convert Technical Specifications into functioning program code/modules.
- Meet/exceed development project timelines.
- Evaluate new and existing features and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Participate in Agile development meetings to include Sprint Planning, Scrums, Retrospectives, and Sprint Reviews.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality, identify and address issues, and promote best practices within the development team.
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Efficient and effective Agile development team that meets deadlines and focuses on providing maximum business value.
- Can-do attitude that permeates the team.
- Proactive communications utilizing excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical Requirements:
- Experience with UX tools (Adobe XD, Figma, etc.) required.
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing (LESS, SASS) desired.
- Familiarity with Web Frameworks (Angular, React, Bootstrap, etc.) desired.
- Basic level of .NET (C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, etc.) desired.
- Familiarity with unit testing strategies desired.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Web Development, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and MVC principles and design; familiarity with industry-standard design patterns a plus.
- Basic understanding of version control systems (e.g., Git).
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Proven team player that can work in an Agile development environment.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and complete projects on time.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new technologies and development methodologies.
- Infectious “Can-Do” attitude.
- Highly motivated individual with a passion for software development.
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all people. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. This includes discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance
- Voluntary Accident Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 401K Company Contributions
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $80,000.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 5