MOA - GENERAL MANAGER
KOA, INC. DEI STATEMENT
At KOA, we believe the outdoors is fun and for everyone. We are committed to having a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all are treated with dignity and respect. We strive to:
• intentionally create a sense of community and belonging for our guests, employees and franchise partners
• continually educate ourselves and advance our understanding about DEI
• sustain a culture that promotes diversity of thought and experiences
• ensure everyone has the ability to experience the outdoors and that our facilities are accessible to all
• drive change in our company and industry through action and implementation
ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada, including a mix of franchised and company-owned properties. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its locations. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, and progressive.
The owned and operated assets of KOA (OAK) is a division of KOA, Inc.’s overall operations and is rooted in the mission and values of KOA. The current OAK portfolio consists properties in the United States and in Canada.
Regional Vice President, OAK
The General Manager provides leadership for setting and reinforcing high standards of an OAK property. The General Manager is responsible for allocating budget resources, coordinating business operations, hiring, and developing team members, managing operational costs, ensuring great customer service, improving administration processes, engaging with vendors, identifying business opportunities, and monitoring financial activities. Their entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist KOA in maintaining relationships with guests, generating new business, increasing staff productivity, improving service, ensuring sustainability, and meeting business objectives. The GM provides leadership, operational management and people/team development aligned with KOA’s Culture, Mission, Vision & Values.
- Oversee daily business operations.
- Manage operating budgets, allocate resources, limit expenses, and ensure strict control of cash.
- Hire, monitor, and develop a strong, diverse, and efficient team.
- Provide great customer service while improving guest satisfaction and raising the net promoter score.
- Cross functional collaboration with Human Resources, Marketing, Revenue, Real Estate Development, Accounting, and other departments to develop and implement vision and to research and identify growth opportunities.
- Maintain the cleanliness and maintenance of the property through inspections, preventive maintenance programs, and the Quality Assurance Manual.
- Prepare necessary reports and give presentations articulating property key performance indicators.
- Develop effective conflict resolution and critical thinking skills.
- Prioritize tasks based upon importance and urgency with conscious planning and thoughtful decision making.
- Partner with real estate development to recommend, plan, and oversee capital projects.
- Be the local face of KOA and build high performance teams dedicated to delivering KOAs Culture, Mission, Values, and Goals.
- Monitor and implement the department safety program, which ensures that all OAK employees work in a safe and hazard free environment that complies with various local, state, and federal safety requirements.
Note that this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Meet annual profit plan.
- Meet property’s target for guest satisfaction through Guest Satisfaction Surveys and Net Promoter Scores.
- Meet property’s target for employee engagement & experience metrics through organizational Employee Experience & Engagement Survey scores and employee feedback.
- Capital projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Contributes to organization success by building competent teams with a focus on developing future supervisors and managers.
- Meet Quality Assurance standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two year’s experience in a managerial role in a hospitality or related field
- Hear and speak the English fluently
- Strong decision-making ability
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills with the ability to manage confrontations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Proven ability to develop and achieve financial plans
- Ability to motivate, lead and develop a diverse team
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and move safely over uneven terrain.
- Able to work inside and outdoors and in various climates.
- Able to travel by airplane and automobile.
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protectedstatus.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance
- Voluntary Accident Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 401K Company Contributions
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $62,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $66,000.00
- 3225 S Hwy 191, Moab, UT 84532, USA