NAS - GUEST EXPERIENCE SUPERVISOR
Welcome to Music City! Work during the day, and explore the city at night. With a shuttle that takes you downtown, resort-like amenities, and an onsite cafe, there are so many ways to relax and unwind.
ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada including a mix of franchised and company-owned properties. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its locations. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, and progressive.
The owned and operated assets of KOA (OAK) is a division of KOA, Inc.’s overall operations, and is rooted in the mission and values of KOA. The current OAK portfolio consists of campgrounds in the United States and Canada.
General Manager and Assistant General Manager
The Guest Experience Supervisor will work closely with the Assistant General Manager (AGM) in overseeing daily operations of the campground, ensuring employee productivity and providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay. Tasks may include assistance with staffing, inventory management, safety, guest services, front desk, store and recreation. The Guest Experience Supervisor needs to be people oriented, have excellent communication and conflict resolution skills, and strong time management. This leadership role is responsible for delivering KOA’s Culture, Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Efficient operation of the campground by supervising and supporting Guest Services to include Front Desk, Store, Recreation, Night hosts, and Guest Guide teams.
- Communicate and correct deficiencies in these departments by collaborating with departmental supervisors and AGM.
- Provide great customer service while improving guest satisfaction and raising the net promoter score through training of staff and maintaining of the property.
- Ensure all accounting functions at the campground are following OAK procedures including correct and accurate cash handling.
- Prepare reports as required, relating to procedures, efficiency, scheduling, attendance, etc.
- Coordinate with AGM and department heads to stay up to date with changes, issues, and improvements.
- Develop effective conflict resolution and critical thinking skills.
- Prioritize tasks based upon importance and urgency with conscious planning and thoughtful decision making.
- Comfortable in high-pressure and fast paced situations while maintaining composure and objectivity.
- Maintain property by following the quality assurance manual.
- Function as Manager on Duty in the absence of GM and AGM.
- Foster a work environment that maximizes employee involvement, morale and is dedicated to delivering KOAs Culture, Mission, Values and Goals.
- Monitor and implement the department safety program which ensures that all OAK employees work in a safe and hazard free environment that complies with various local, state, and federal safety requirements.
Note that this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Meet property’s target for guest satisfaction through Guest Satisfaction Surveys and Net Promoter Scores.
- Meet property’s target for employee engagement & experience metrics through organizational Employee Experience & Engagement Survey scores and employee feedback.
- Precise control and adherence to KOA policies of all generated cash.
- Contributes to organization success by building competent and diverse teams with a focus on development.
- Model accountability to KOA’s Culture.
- Meet Quality Assurance standards and goals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience in a Customer Service supervisory role
- Hear and speak the English language fluently
- Strong decision-making ability
- Proficient Computer Skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills with ability to manage confrontation
- Ability to motivate, lead and develop a diverse team
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and move safely over uneven terrain.
- Able to work inside and outdoors and in various climates.
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors, or any other protectedstatus.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.00
- Max Hiring Rate $16.00
- Job Start Date Saturday, February 24, 2024
- Nashville, TN, USA