Consumer Loan Coordinator
At Landmark Credit Union, we succeed by putting people first - and that starts with you. Our culture of inclusion and collaboration enables us to support our members’ financial wellbeing, positively impact the communities we serve, and help our associates grow their careers. Bring your authentic self to work as part of an organization where you’ll feel valued for your unique qualities, are enabled to reach your full potential, and are recognized for your contributions to our success. We strive to ensure you feel empowered to grow and succeed, while also feeling valued and taken care of, as we all do our part to put people first. We invite you to learn more about this and other opportunities at Landmark Credit Union.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to the Manager, Consumer Loan Coordinator. Engages with members and potential members who have applied for consumer loan products through the online/digital channels. Gather, prepare, and process all necessary documentation for online/digital consumer loans. Examines documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with existing underwriting guidelines. This position will be responsible for ensuring all documents required for loan processing and closing are received, complete, and ready.
1. High school diploma or equivalent and minimum of one year of lending, customer service or financial experience. A combination of education and experience will also be considered.
2. Prior call center, financial or lending experience preferred.
3. Knowledge of all types of consumer loans and a general understanding of underwriting guidelines preferred.
4. Demonstrated ability to understand and explain credit bureau reports, liaise with members in satisfying loan stipulations, and schedule closings preferred.
5. Experience or ability to gain proficiency in all programs and systems used for this job including Microsoft Office products and systems related to consumer lending.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
7. Proven ability to organize work, balance multiple priorities, manage a variety of projects in a fast-paced, flexible work environment with strong attention to detail and within defined deadlines.
8. Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and discretion in various situations while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
9. Must have or be able to attain National Mortgage Licensing System Registration (NMLS#).
10. Must have a thorough understanding of company policies and procedures as they relate to the position. Must understand and comply with all job related state and federal laws and regulations.
1. Partners closely with Consumer Loan Underwriting, Consumer Loan Processing, Personal Financial Officers, and Branches to identify documentation requirements for each specific loan.
2. Contacts members to collect necessary loan documentation, i.e. pay stubs, W2, etc.
3. Verifies accuracy of loan applications according to current policies and procedures, and then inputs information into the current lending system when applicable.
4. Informs members of items needed for closing, i.e., title of vehicle, proof of insurance, seller requirements, etc.
5. Coordinates the preparation of the closing documents in an accurate, error-free manner.
6. Obtains payoff statements for refinance transactions.
7. Uses independent judgment, processes multiple types of consumer loans, subordinations and modifications.
8. Confirms that all required insurance policies have been purchased and will be in effect at the time of closing.
9. Receives and reviews documents, final Extended Letter Reports and Title Policies and reports any discrepancies.
10. Monitors daily/weekly/monthly reports to ensure no applications reach more than 30 days before decisioning.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
EO/AA Employer; including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Job Function J
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 555 S Executive Dr, Brookfield, WI 53005, USA