Mortgage Loan Originator- Beaver Dam
At Landmark Credit Union, we succeed by putting people first - and that starts with you. Our culture of inclusion and collaboration enables us to support our members’ financial wellbeing, positively impact the communities we serve, and help our associates grow their careers. Bring your authentic self to work as part of an organization where you’ll feel valued for your unique qualities, are enabled to reach your full potential, and are recognized for your contributions to our success. We strive to ensure you feel empowered to grow and succeed, while also feeling valued and taken care of, as we all do our part to put people first. We invite you to learn more about this and other opportunities at Landmark Credit Union.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to the Manager, Mortgage Lending. Strives to maintain Landmark Credit Union’s reputation for providing the most competitive mortgage rates and highest quality customer service. The Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) serves as the initial point of contact with new and existing members seeking mortgage loan guidance. Mortgage Loan Officers stay involved in the community in which they work.
1. High school diploma or equivalent, and a minimum five years of lending experience with a minimum of two years of experience as a commissioned mortgage loan officer with proven production volume. Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
2. Must have a National Mortgage Licensing System registration (NMLS#).
3. Must have or develop a thorough understanding of all types of mortgage products.
4. Experience or be able to gain proficiency in all programs and systems used for this job, including systems related to deposit and loan products.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
6. Must have the ability to use independent judgment and discretion in various situations while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
7. Must develop a thorough understanding of company policies and procedures as they relate to this position. Must comply with all company policies and procedures and job related state and federal laws and regulations.
1. Builds relationships with realtors, builders and other centers of influence within the local community.
2. Cultivates branch relationship by attending regular branch meetings and coaching branch staff.
3. Manages pipeline for all originated loans, from origination through closing.
4. Takes mortgage loan applications, obtains credit reports and completes/ submits necessary paperwork to mortgage underwriters.
5. Cross sells Landmark’s other products and services and makes referrals to Landmark’s Investment Center.
6. Represents Landmark Credit Union in the community by becoming actively involved in appropriate community activities.
7. Attends and participates in all Mortgage Originator meetings.
8. Handles member problems and questions as needed.
9. Keeps up-to-date on Landmark’s loan products, processing procedures and underwriting guidelines.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
EO/AA Employer; including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 106 E Main St, Beaver Dam, WI 53916, USA