What is Landstar?
Landstar is a global transportation system built for the 21st century. We are a safety-first company that provides safe, secure, and reliable transportation services delivered through a network of independent freight agents, leased owner-operators, and other third-party capacity providers. Landstar offers customized shipping solutions in all modes of freight transportation, supporting an efficient and reliable supply chain that meets our customers’ needs and goals.
Location: Onsite in Jacksonville
Schedule: Monday-Friday 730am-430pm
Salary range: $16.21 - $20.27 per hour
What work will you perform?
In this role you will create, track, document, review, and disseminate departmental reports promptly and accurately on a variety of cadences including daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually. You will be adept at reviewing and collating data to create meaningful and actionable reports for multiple levels of management.
- Prepare, audit, and distribute various departmental reports on a recurring basis (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy and timeliness of reporting
- Provide timely reporting to aid in management’s review of requests for asset allocation
- Responsible for creating new reports as needed, based on management’s direction
- Be involved in receiving, validating, and the timely processing of payments to 3rd party vendors
- Propose new ways to aggregate, report on, and analyze departmental data
- Participate in Drug and Alcohol testing notifications as needed
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED required
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- 6 months experience working in an office environment
- 6 months experience using MS Excel
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Cognos Business Intelligence Tools
- Transportation industry knowledge
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to perform quality work with minimal supervision
Why work at Landstar?
Landstar is seeking hard-working and dedicated employees committed to exceeding the expectations of those we serve. We employ a highly diverse workforce and welcome employees from all cultures and backgrounds to our team.
Our workplace culture is second-to-none. Landstar provides a safe and professional work environment in which to thrive and grow. We offer competitive compensation, robust benefit plans including affordable medical plans, employer 401(k) match, paid time off, tuition assistance and much more.
If you want to be part of a top-notch Fortune 500 company with an emphasis on safety, service, teamwork, and dedication then Landstar is the place for you!
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America