Compliance Coordinator - Transportation & Logistics
What is Landstar?
Landstar is a global transportation system built for the 21st century. We are a safety-first company that provides safe, secure, and reliable transportation services delivered through a network of independent freight agents, leased owner-operators, and other third-party capacity providers. Landstar offers customized shipping solutions in all modes of freight transportation, supporting an efficient and reliable supply chain that meets our customers’ needs and goals.
Location: Onsite in Jacksonville, FL
Schedule: 4 days on / 4 days off 10am - 10pm (rotating days)
Salary range: $17.72 - $22.15 per hour, depending upon experience
What work will you perform at Landstar?
You will work with owner-operators to ensure all equipment adheres to federal, state, and local regulations while meeting Landstar expectations. You will document, review, and enforce compliance per all applicable regulations. Your success will depend upon your ability to communicate effectively with owner-operators on a variety of topics and items. If you love compliance and ensuring things are "done right" then this is the role for you.
- Provide resolution for equipment (tractor/trailer) issues and inspection facilities via phone and email
- Review, interpret, research, and update Department of Transportation (DOT) inspections
- Review, analyze, and update tractor and trailer maintenance reports, federal periodic inspections, and purchase orders according to procedure
- Read and interpret documents (safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals) and clearly write routine reports and correspondence
- Enforces Landstar Equipment Compliance, DOT, and state or local policies and procedures through communication with contracted drivers
- HS Diploma or GED or Equivalent
- One year of office coordination or customer service experience
- Associate's degree (A. A.) from a two-year college or technical school or 2 years of equivalent experience
- One year of experience with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulation (FMCSA)
- Knowledge of IBM iSeries (AS 400)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to problem solve
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle competing priorities
- Experience speaking effectively to customers or employees to explain regulations, procedures, etc.
Why work at Landstar?
Landstar is seeking hard-working and dedicated employees committed to exceeding the expectations of those we serve. We employ a highly diverse workforce and welcome employees from all cultures and backgrounds to our team.
Our workplace culture is second-to-none. Landstar provides a safe and professional work environment in which to thrive and grow. We offer competitive compensation, robust benefit plans including affordable medical plans, employer 401(k) match, paid time off, tuition assistance and much more.
If you want to be part of a top-notch Fortune 500 company with an emphasis on safety, service, teamwork, and dedication then Landstar is the place for you!
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America