BCO Field Rep
What is Landstar?
Landstar is a global transportation system built for the 21st century. We are a safety-first company that provides safe, secure, and reliable transportation services delivered through a network of independent freight agents, leased owner-operators, and other third-party capacity providers. Landstar offers customized shipping solutions in all modes of freight transportation, supporting an efficient and reliable supply chain that meets our customers’ needs and goals.
BCO Field Representative
Department: Field Operatins Centers
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Onsite, Field Operations Center - 205 Cumebrland Park Dr. St. Augustine, FL 32095
Schedule: Monday – Friday (M-Th, 7:30am-5pm; F, 8am-5pm)
What work will you perform?
To provide assistance and build confidence in BCOs and Operators new to Landstar; Communicate with both new and existing BCOs and Operators; Assist and educate through frequent and consistent contact; Communicate with others at Landstar to maintain a fluid support system.
- Establish revenue expectations with BCOs.
- Provide solutions for BCO and Operator questions/problems/concerns.
- Conduct orientation follow up with BCOs and Operators to determine their needs.
- Work directly with BCO Advisors in managing and providing first contact and review information.
- Update Contractor, Tractor and Operator files in iSeries 400, as needed.
- Facilitate in the establishment of communication between new BCOs/Operators and Operators, and their advisors and CABS. Help facilitate same between BCOs/Operators and agents.
- Emphasize the importance of the "tools" Landstar offers. Landstaronline.com, Load Alerts, Lane Match, IVR cards, Profit & Loss, load search apps, business success videos, etc.).
- Coordinate with orientation coordinators any recommend changes to orientation and CABS program.
- Perform as a back-up for Orientation and CABS Coordinators including class instruction, contract renewal, and hazmat recertification and issuing ELDs, etc.
- Handle incoming visits and calls from BCOs and Operators.
- Actively participate in weekly orientation retention call.
- Special projects and assignments as needed.
- Perform Hours of Service Review with BCOs as needed.
- Facilitate problem solving between agents and BCOs
- Participate in safety meetings. May be during non-business hours or on-site as needed.
- Assist safety in the operation and coordination of the driver simulator program.
- Must perform duties to the standards of the job description and comply with the company's policies, practices, and procedures.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a sometimes complex, fast-paced, and moderately stressful environment
- Proficient in data entry, iSeries 400 skills internet and Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint, helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-task orientated environment
- Able to perform quality work with minimal supervision, and manage time wisely
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to motivate others
- Some travel required.
- Prior experience in trucking industry and within Landstar, preferred.
Why work at Landstar?
Landstar is seeking hard-working and dedicated employees committed to exceeding the expectations of those we serve. We employ a highly diverse workforce and welcome employees from all cultures and backgrounds to our team.
Our workplace culture is second-to-none. Landstar provides a safe and professional work environment in which to thrive and grow. We offer competitive compensation, robust benefit plans including affordable medical plans, employer 401(k) match, paid time off, tuition assistance and much more.
If you want to be part of a top-notch Fortune 500 company with an emphasis on safety, service, teamwork, and dedication then Landstar is the place for you!
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Duval County, FL, USA
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 205 Cumberland Park Dr, St. Augustine, Florida, United States of America
- St. Augustine, FL, USA