Sr. Liability Claim Adjuster
What is Landstar?
Landstar is a global transportation system built for the 21st century. We are a safety-first company that provides safe, secure, and reliable transportation services delivered through a network of independent freight agents, leased owner-operators, and other third-party capacity providers. Landstar offers customized shipping solutions in all modes of freight transportation, supporting an efficient and reliable supply chain that meets our customers’ needs and goals.
Location: Jacksonville, Hybrid
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
What work will you perform?
You will Investigate and evaluate third party bodily injury and property damage liability claims including complex litigation and high severity claims, reaching a fair and equitable resolution considering all factual material, applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Review initial accident/incident details, parties, damages or injuries involved
- Obtain pertinent company and driver documents
- Conduct investigative activity
- Handle complex litigation and attend mediation as required
- Maintain multi-state licensing, CE credits
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college, preferred
- At least five years related liability claims experience in the transportation industry or similarly from an insurance company perspective
- Florida adjuster license required . Must qualify for multi-state licensing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with electronic claims processing systems
- Working knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel and PDF document formats
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- A general understanding of auto liability, general liability, physical damage, UM/UIM, No Fault (PIP) insurance coverage and WC liens
- Ability to travel throughout the U.S. or Canada
Why work at Landstar?
Landstar is seeking hard-working and dedicated employees committed to exceeding the expectations of those we serve. We employ a highly diverse workforce and welcome employees from all cultures and backgrounds to our team.
Our workplace culture is second-to-none. Landstar provides a safe and professional work environment in which to thrive and grow. We offer competitive compensation, robust benefit plans including affordable medical plans, employer 401(k) match, paid time off, tuition assistance and much more.
If you want to be part of a top-notch Fortune 500 company with an emphasis on safety, service, teamwork, and dedication then Landstar is the place for you!
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar Risk Management, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America