Hours of Service Compliance Coordinator
What is Landstar?
Landstar is a global transportation system built for the 21st century. We are a safety-first company that provides safe, secure, and reliable transportation services delivered through a network of independent freight agents, leased owner-operators, and other third-party capacity providers. Landstar offers customized shipping solutions in all modes of freight transportation, supporting an efficient and reliable supply chain that meets our customers’ needs and goals.
Title: Hours of Service Compliance Coordinator - Transportation
Location: Onsite - Jacksonville, FL
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9am - 6pm
Salary range (hourly only): $17.72 - $22.15, depending upon experience
What work will you perform?
You will ensure regulatory conformity to hours-of-service requirements to achieve complete compliance with state and federal regulations, as well as Landstar policy. Compliance analysis will be completed through audits of hours-of-service logs. You will provide quality customer service through both inbound and outbound calls. You will help drivers stay compliant through training, education and equipment troubleshooting.
- Handle inbound and outbound calls, and provide quality customer service
- Perform Random Drug and Alcohol notifications
- Educate and train internal and external customers on Hours-of-Service compliance
- Troubleshoot and assist with equipment malfunctions
- Perform audits and verify violations found
- Administer corrective action process up to and including cancellation of operator’s lease
- Analyze spreadsheets and other reports to ensure compliance
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One year of experience working with customers
- One year of experience in auditing and/or balancing
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Call center experience - inbound and outbound
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills in all modes
- Ability to effectively counsel and educate
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Why work at Landstar?
Landstar is seeking hard-working and dedicated employees committed to exceeding the expectations of those we serve. We employ a highly diverse workforce and welcome employees from all cultures and backgrounds to our team.
Our workplace culture is second-to-none. Landstar provides a safe and professional work environment in which to thrive and grow. We offer competitive compensation, robust benefit plans including affordable medical plans, employer 401(k) match, paid time off, tuition assistance and much more.
If you want to be part of a top-notch Fortune 500 company with an emphasis on safety, service, teamwork, and dedication then Landstar is the place for you!
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America