Trailer Utilization Coordinator
What is Landstar?
Landstar is a global transportation system built for the 21st century. We are a safety-first company that provides safe, secure, and reliable transportation services delivered through a network of independent freight agents, leased owner-operators, and other third-party capacity providers. Landstar offers customized shipping solutions in all modes of freight transportation, supporting an efficient and reliable supply chain that meets our customers’ needs and goals.
Title: Trailer Utilization Coordinator
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am-5 pm
Salary range (hourly only): $18.28 - $22.86, depending upon experience
What work will you perform?
Maximize the revenue and utilization of Landstar's trailer fleet through the research and reallocation of trailer equipment within the network.
- Research historical data related to company-controlled assets using multiple systems of record
- Assist internal and external customers via inbound and outbound phone calls and emails
- Identify opportunities through research to reposition company assets that are deemed to be underperforming
- Dispatching and processing payments to reposition company assets
- Participate in Drug and Alcohol testing notifications as needed
- Satisfy internal and external customer requests for assets promptly
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Three months of customer service experience required
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- 6 months of office experience
- 6 months of transportation/logistics experience
- Call center experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Microsoft Office and Internet knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Good organizational skills
- Time management
- Critical thinking
Why work at Landstar?
Landstar is seeking hard-working and dedicated employees committed to exceeding the expectations of those we serve. We employ a highly diverse workforce and welcome employees from all cultures and backgrounds to our team.
Our workplace culture is second-to-none. Landstar provides a safe and professional work environment in which to thrive and grow. We offer competitive compensation, robust benefit plans including affordable medical plans, employer 401(k) match, paid time off, tuition assistance and much more.
If you want to be part of a top-notch Fortune 500 company with an emphasis on safety, service, teamwork, and dedication then Landstar is the place for you!
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America