Director International Operations & Customs Brokerage
What is Landstar?
Landstar is a global transportation system built for the 21st century. We are a safety-first company that provides safe, secure, and reliable transportation services delivered through a network of independent freight agents, leased owner-operators, and other third-party capacity providers. Landstar offers customized shipping solutions in all modes of freight transportation, supporting an efficient and reliable supply chain that meets our customers’ needs and goals.
What work will you perform?
As the Director of International Operations and Customs Brokerage you will direct the international air freight, ocean freight and customs brokerage operations to support Landstar agents and customers. In additional to managing air and ocean freight in compliance with the applicable federal and international administrations and associations you will manage US Customs and Brokerage operations in compliance with the applicable rules and regulations. You will negotiate contract pricing with capacity providers and support the onboarding of new international agents.
- Direct the international air freight, ocean freight and customs brokerage operations to support Landstar agents and customers while leading a team of 6 direct reports
- Coordinate and contract international capacity providers
- Negotiate contract pricing with capacity providers
- Manage ocean operations in compliance with the Federal Maritime Commission
- Manage U.S. Customs Brokerage operations in compliance with U.S. Customs and Border Protection rules and regulations
- Manage Airfreight operations in compliance with the Transportation Security Administration, Federal Aviation Administration and The International Air Transport Association (IATA) requirements
- Review and audit Landstar business processes to insure compliance to international and federal rules and regulations
- Help Landstar Agents to develop skills to perform international transportation operations customer support
- Support recruitment of new international agents
- Write and publish required work instructions
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution or equivalent experience
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Hold current International Maritime Dangerous Goods and International Air Transport Association Dangerous Goods certificates or obtain them within 3 months of start date
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree from accredited institution
- 10 years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of NVOCC (Non Vessel Owning Common Carrier) and Ocean Freight Forwarding operations
- Excellent working knowledge of the Indirect Air Carrier (IAC) Program
- Ability to participate in industry trade events to support Landstar
- Ability to perform international and domestic United States travel
- Ability to manage and motivate employees
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read, interpret and understand contract language
Why work at Landstar?
Landstar is seeking hard-working and dedicated employees committed to exceeding the expectations of those we serve. We employ a highly diverse workforce and welcome employees from all cultures and backgrounds to our team.
Our workplace culture is second-to-none. Landstar provides a safe and professional work environment in which to thrive and grow. We offer competitive compensation, robust benefit plans including affordable medical plans, employer 401(k) match, paid time off, tuition assistance and much more.
If you want to be part of a top-notch Fortune 500 company with an emphasis on safety, service, teamwork, and dedication then Landstar is the place for you!
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America