Supervised Visitation Specialist (part-time)
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability. A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Supervised Visitation Specialist to join our team. The Supervised Visitation Specialist will be responsible for overseeing and facilitating supervised visitations between children and non-custodial parents or other family members in a safe and supportive environment. This position requires strong communication skills, empathy, and the ability to manage potentially sensitive situations professionally.
- High School or GED required.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Child welfare or related field experience
- Drive personal vehicle to transport children to and from visit locations; follow all car seat safety regulations and traffic laws at all times. Documentation of passenger behavior.
- Provide supervised visits between guardians and children.
- Provide services to clients any day of the week, including weekends and holidays and in evening hours to accommodate the needs of the family’s schedule.
- Communicate program rules/guidelines to clients as well as uphold them during supervisions.
- Monitor, observe and document all interactions and behaviors between the parent and child/children during supervised visits.
- Actively assess visit to provide de-escalation intervention or terminate a visit if it becomes harmful to the child/children.
- Provide the parent/caregiver with rules and guidelines that are associated with the visitation program.
- Monitor for safety issues, maintain line of sight, documenting interactions between parents and children, and operate within scope of work during visits.
- Maintain car seats; keep cleaned and sanitized daily between clients.
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- Clean 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
- Must Be At Least 21 Years of Age
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Must be able to obtain Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card immediately upon hire (if there are any uncertainties whether an applicant may have to go through an appeal process; they are encouraged to complete that process prior to applying as an invalid card will result in termination of employment)
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records. A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan:
- Health/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Accrued Sick and Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance & 401(K)
- AD&D / Short Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pay Type Hourly
- Maricopa County, AZ, USA