Construction Manager - CMTA
The construction manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure a smooth and successful fulfillment to the contract after the design phase. A strong construction manager will likely have experience with both HVAC/mechanical systems and commercial construction, and will additionally have strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
The construction manager’s support team consists of administrative staff in the office, other construction managers, engineers, design team members, and any other team members they need to use. During heavy construction, the construction manager is on-site at all times. During other project periods, the construction manager may not have to be on the construction site every day, and may work at the office or possibly remotely to assist with other projects not in the heavy construction period. Travel is required to job sites.
The Construction Manager responsibilities may include:
- Pre-Construction Activities:
- Review Project Drawings for Scope, Constructability, and Cost Savings
- Assist with Subcontractor Selection
- Manage the Bid Process (Subcontractor RFP’s, walk through’s, etc.)
- Review Contract along with M&V requirements
- Develop construction schedule and manage subs to hit required milestones on schedule.
- Develop Project Safety Binder and review with subcontractors
- Administer Safety Program
- Develop Subcontractor Contracts
- Work with Vendors to get equipment submittals pulled together, review, and order.
- Order Equipment - Manage lead times
- Order any construction related items (Dumpsters, storage, etc.)
- Lead Construction Review Meetings
- Weekly Field Reports Documenting Progress for the Owner
- Assist with Commissioning effort
- Address M&V items needed during construction
- Review Subcontractor Pay Applications
- Track project Financials
- Register applicable equipment for warranties
- Schedule factory start-ups and ensure start-up sheets are filled out, and submitted as required for warranties
- Owner training – scheduling, coordination, etc.
- Project punch lists
- Post Construction:
- Address Project Issues
- Resolve Warranty Issues as Needed
- Develop O&M Manuals and As-Builts
- Pay Applications
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- CMTA, 2 Maryland Farms, Brentwood, Tennessee, United States of America
- Nashville, TN, USA