Special Projects Manager - Gilbert Mechanical
Edina, MN, USA ● Gilbert, 5251 West 74th St., Edina, Minnesota, United States of America
Thursday, August 31, 2023
Gilbert Mechanical, a Legence company
For more than 40 years, it has been Gilbert's mission to provide outstanding mechanical, electrical, plumbing, controls, and fire protection services in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Today, Gilbert employs more than 200 people in the Twin Cities market, and its clients represent a diverse range of technical market sectors, with specialization in the healthcare industry. Our fun, open and innovative culture is supported by forward thinking industry leaders who are united in collaboration and the pursuit of breakthrough ideas. Gilbert’s philosophy includes mutual respect for all individuals, application of innovation and a rigorous serve-the-customer mentality. We create a culture of teaching and learning through cross mentoring that spans generations, disciplines, interests and talents. We strive to give each person exposure to the widest array of experiences possible to help them grow further and faster than they could anywhere else.
Job Summary: The HVAC Project Manager (Special Projects) is accountable for handling all aspects of HVAC special projects. This includes receiving or creating project leads, communication with customers & field technicians, designing project solutions, estimate take off, estimate compilation, preparation of clear and concise proposals, communicating and follow-up with customers to sell the projects and ultimately manage the secured projects to completion.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Receive project leads from customers and service technicians
- Create project leads from service technician input and cold calling.
- Define project leads through clear and concise communication with customer and account service technician.
- Design project using your own design abilities and those of our construction engineering department or service division manager when necessary.
- Perform an accurate takeoff and source equipment, materials and subcontractor estimates.
- Prepare estimated cost at appropriate gross margin allowing for profit.
- Prepare a clear and concise proposal and deliver proposal to customer by best method.
- Follow-up with customer to secure the business.
- Project manage secured projects. This includes identifying lead times, developing schedules, pulling permits, ordering equipment, ordering materials when appropriate, preparing detailed job scope and instructions for the field installers, scheduling/communicating with customers, managing change orders when justified and scheduling final inspections.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be Punctual, reliable, with positive energy.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal communication and active listening skills
- Proven positive and professional attitude and strong verbal and written customers service skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management preferred
- Construction-related business experience preferred
We are unable to provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Contingent Employment Statement
Offers of employment for this role may be contingent upon successfully passing a background check and/or drug screen. Execution of screens will vary based on role requirements and Company policy. All background checks and drug screens will be done in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
If you require assistance applying online, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a description of the specific accommodations you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. If you are selected for an interview, please notify your recruiter of your accommodation needs. All efforts to provide reasonable accommodations will be made.
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Any third-party recruiting agreements for Legence and its affiliate companies may only be executed by Legence Holdings LLC’s CHRO or Director of Talent Acquisition, without exception. All others are done without proper authorization and will not be honored. We will not be responsible for any fees under any third-party recruiting agreement not executed by said authority.